Today's Ride through Iowa by iowabikerider
[Today at 02:53:06 AM]

'Darkside' a TTSE? by rpeters549
[Today at 02:31:36 AM]

CF moto 1250 tourer by trophied
[Today at 02:25:22 AM]

That was good....... by HACKLE
[Today at 01:28:11 AM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Not proper bikers iMHO  (Read 11102 times)

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
Not proper bikers iMHO
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2438620/Shocking-video-Range-Rover-crashing-bikers-surround-vehicle-annual-street-ride.html

Was dismayed to see these guys gang up on a car driver - provoked or otherwise. Gives us a bad name, which the rest of us don't deserve

Offline Desertaire

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: El Paso TX
Re: Not proper bikers iMHO
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:18:08 AM »
People like that make us all look bad. I never use the term "biker"...I refer to myself as a motorcyclist or motorcycle enthusiast. "Biker" has to many negative connotations. Those guys were nothing more that hoods who happen to ride motorcycles.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 09:11:05 AM »
Watched the video, but it does not show what happened
immediately after the Range Rover contacted the back of the first bike ....

The published Video certainly seems to portray "Bikers"
( or motorcyclists as they are referred to in the article ) as a bunch of thugs,
but I will reserve judgment unless, and until I hear the full story.

Sad.

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:55:25 AM »
I don't condone violence. I've seen the full video and the Range Rover actually ran into and over several bikes and riders. One rider died.
The video is taken from an onboard camera by one of the bikers. It isn't clear if there was provocation or intimidation prior to the first crash. Either way, the behaviour of all parties is unacceptable, driver and riders. IMHO

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 12:45:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Glenn [+]
One rider died.
The video is taken from an onboard camera by one of the bikers. It isn't clear if there was provocation or intimidation prior to the first crash. Either way, the behaviour of all parties is unacceptable, driver and riders. IMHO

if you read the Mail online story it states ...

Lien (car driver) was treated in hospital for lacerations to his face and body
Police said, contradictory to online comments, there were no other injuries

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline monkeycabbage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy 900
  • City / Town: Gillingham
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 01:39:42 PM »
Going by the police statement, it does sound "as if" (please note this is how I've personally interpreted what I have seen and read), the motorcycles were being ridden dangerously (the start of the footage shows the bike that was struck to move over, no indicator, riding one handed, turning and braking after leaving the car no breaking distance) and then there was a small knock.

It's very obvious that the whole group of bikers were happy to act together in an offensive and aggressive way. We couldn't fully see what happened between the knock and the 4x4 pulling off, or hear what was said, but it seems (to me) very obvious that he was surrounded by 50-100 bikers that were all pent up and wanting trouble.

There was a TV documentary a while ago about what to do in an emergency (in the UK), fully supported by police, fire...etc. It actually stated and advised if you are in a situation of duress like that, you are perfectly allowed to used "limited force" of your vehicle to "escape" the situation. If it is true that no other injuries came from the event except for his brutal beating, then I would have to say that I agree with what he did and would like to think that I would have done the same.

As for the "bikers" - Yobs on wheels, I don't know of any true bikers that would ride or behave like that. I bet (purely ranting here) they wouldn't even take the bikes out in the rain!!  :233:

Please note - purely my view, and I admit that I may be lacking an important bit of the evidence.

Well, that's my get out clause!
...on an old 900  :164:

Paranoia is a survival mechanism!

Offline Bajagrngo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE launch.
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 03:21:19 PM »
 :460:monkey cabbage
Tom Brennan

Offline LongRanger

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 05:19:39 PM »
I've seen a lot of stupid riding in different areas of the country but I suspect there was some egregious driving by the SUV to elicit this kind of rage. How many riders will through their bike on the ground to confront a driver? And how many here can claim that SUV drivers are not some of the worst drivers, some of the most reckless on the roads? A police warrant to check on the driver's cell phone activity might show some interesting activity. And how many cyclists were a witness to the entire episode? Far more than any media clown has seen to interview. After a lot of interviews the conclusion will be there was some aggressive and irresponsible driving by the Rover. And with the ubiquitous use of GO-PRO cameras we may yet see what really happened. I'm predicting the Rover tried to merge through a line of bikes to the point of running one or more into another lane if not off the road. I'm for some sort of public recognition for a job well done by the "bikers". They should have torched the Rover too. What shocks me is that there is not a lot more of this which would do more to end road rage and inconsiderate driving than any court action. And this panty whipped attitude that we are all supposed to me nice and never get pissed is not helping any. How many times to we hear of some member of the Hell's Angles or Outlaws being run out of lane or off the road? Never. Because there are consequences. Report to the police and you get hours of paperwork, excuses, court time, and bullsh#t from some loser that it was all your fault or a weak and lame apology for a small fine and maybe a few weeks of public service. And that is for severe injury cases. I hope someone follows the jerk home and beats him into the ground.