Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Open Face Helmets  (Read 5289 times)

• Offline Robert H

• Trophy Junior  ‐    7
    • Topic Author

Offline Robert H

• Trophy Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: St Helens
    Re: Open Face Helmets
    Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2022, 12.25 pm
    Aug 11, 2022, 12.25 pm
    Thank you all for your honest and very informative replies. I now understand that I should really consider the compromise in safety the open face helmet will offer. That has made my mind up, I shall no longer consider purchasing one. However, due to the positive comments about Modular Flip up helmets as a good alternative, I am going to consider one of those. It is a type of helmet I have not considered and reckon it will be just the job for me. So glad I asked for advice on this forum. Thanks again.

• Offline Novocastrian   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    701

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: TTSE
    • City / Town: Tynemouth
    Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2022, 01.56 pm
    Aug 11, 2022, 01.56 pm
    *Originally Posted by Robert H [+]
    However, due to the positive comments about Modular Flip up helmets as a good alternative, I am going to consider one of those. It is a type of helmet I have not considered and reckon it will be just the job for me. So glad I asked for advice on this forum. Thanks again.

My combination of the Shoei Neotec II and the Sena SRL suits me perfectly for the various bikes and types of travel I do.

This week,  in our little heatwave that sends the media into sensationalistic overdrive,  I have seen bikers in t-shirts and even shorts on a Harley this morning.  More fool they.  Their choice, though (and my tax bill for their treatment) when they spill.
    Ken Hastie
    TTSE, a handful of BSAs, a Vespa 300 and an MGB

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5044

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2022, 02.13 pm
    Aug 11, 2022, 02.13 pm
    So true.  Around New Braunfels, Texas where we used to live it was common to see a crotch rocket at 70-80 mph with a rider in shorts, t-shirt, and sandals with a passenger wearing a thong bikini and clinging on, while TWO helmets were attached to the rear just below the passenger seat!  If either survived a crash it would have resembled what comes out of a meat grinder.  SAD!
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch