Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trips and profiles  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Trips and profiles
« on: October 01, 2013, 03:32:11 PM »
I picked up my Trophy SE on Saturday and the dealer didn't have the manual. He promised to get it to me soon. I have downloaded a pdf but it isn't as satisfactory as have a manual in your hand.
What's the deal with Trip 1 and Trip 2?
How about Profile 1 and Profile 2?

Any help would be appreciated!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Trips and profiles
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »
Trip 1 an Trip 2 give you two sets of pre selected information you want to see, they are also useful if you want specific détails for one trip ( a week vacation for instance: how many miles, average speed, fuel consumption...)and each stage of it (every day ride)
Profile 1 and 2 allow you to pre select two preferred settings: alone and sport for 1 for instance, and two up and comfort for the second one.
hope it's clear enough, no doubt other members will elaborate on this  :002:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 10:15:01 PM »
I only use it to go alone or load profile 2 to go two suitcases

user manual you can download from the official website of triumph

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »
Verdun summed profiles up very well.

Basically allows you to quickly change between 2 standard configurations such as single rider sport mode and 2 up comfort touring with full luggage..
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline chrisb1

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 10:58:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]

Basically allows you to quickly change between 2 standard configurations such as single rider sport mode and 2 up comfort touring with full luggage..
almost my configurations but on 2 up i am normal....comfort tends to wallow and get you seasick on scottish roads and sport seems too hard. Of course another advantage is when you do get to motorways etc you can change to comfort on the fly.
Trip 1 is always manual reset, 2 up can be changed from manual reset to auto (from 1 to 8 hours) really handy as its no hands required readings for your days riding.
great piece of design

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 11:24:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by cropbiker [+]

Verdun summed it up quite well but I view the Trip 1 and Trip 2 to be overdone electronic wizzardry which over complicates the display.  I mean it isn't like this is a car which is likely to have multiple drivers.  I venture to say the vast majority of the bikes are ridden by one person with one major preference.  It really isn't difficult to change the settings and I prefer a bit less clutter.  It isn't enough to complain about but as long as Bludy L asks I figure I'd take the opportunity to grouse...and no don't tell me I'm for the birds.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Luckycharms

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Pennsylvania
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 02:49:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
Verdun summed it up quite well but I view the Trip 1 and Trip 2 to be overdone electronic wizzardry which over complicates the display.  I mean it isn't like this is a car which is likely to have multiple drivers.  I venture to say the vast majority of the bikes are ridden by one person with one major preference.  It really isn't difficult to change the settings and I prefer a bit less clutter.  It isn't enough to complain about but as long as Bludy L asks I figure I'd take the opportunity to grouse...and no don't tell me I'm for the birds.

I disagree. I have different displayed in trip one and two and switch back and forth between them on every ride depending on the info I want displayed.

And I ride 30% of the time with my wife on the back so my second profile is set for two up. It's very convenient to just load the profile and take off.

Just because you don't use a feature doesn't me someone else doesn't find it perfect for their needs. My last bike had a custom shock with adjustable preload that I would have to manually adjust every time we rode two up just to keep the rear end from wallowing.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 (gone)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (gone)

tweedy-bunch