Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Garmin Zumo XT  (Read 7826 times)

• Offline Novocastrian   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    701
    • Topic Author

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: TTSE
    • City / Town: Tynemouth
    Re: Garmin Zumo XT
    Reply #24 on: Mar 11, 2021, 10.32 am
    Mar 11, 2021, 10.32 am
    *Originally Posted by Coconut [+]

I assume the Locking button covers the Cradle release push,
    and when unlocked the Lock button pushes down onto the cradle release ?

Alan, the lock has a round barrel security type key.  When inserted, the key turns and swings out a steel lever which covers the 'press button' that you would use to release the Sat Nav.  You don't see it because it is behind the actual Sat Nav.  To release the Sat Nav, the key is turned and the metal plate/lever returns to its housing in the lock body.  There is a rubber plug that covers the brass electrical connections when the Sat Nav is removed.  When the Sat Nav is in use, it annoyingly dangles down and swings about on its little strap - however, I just tuck it behind the Sat Nav.   All in all, I'm happy with it.  I'm firmly of the opinion that if you want quality then you pay quality money. (After a lifetime of buying cheap crap LOL)

This lock is much better than the previous lock I had when I had my 595LM Sat Nav
    Last Edit: Mar 11, 2021, 10.36 am by Novocastrian
    Ken Hastie
    TTSE, a handful of BSAs, a Vespa 300 and an MGB

• Offline Eftan

• Trophy Member  ‐    45

Offline Eftan

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: trophy 1200
    • City / Town: nelson
    Reply #25 on: Apr 11, 2022, 07.28 pm
    Apr 11, 2022, 07.28 pm
    I know you techy purists hate this, but it can be clipped off so old 660 lm can be used if necessary
    https://www.adapter3dmotorrad.com/en/product-category/adapter-en/
    I used the RT version and it fits perfick!
    A daemon is for life not just Hallowe'en

• Offline Ade52   gb

• Trophy Member  ‐    70

Offline Ade52

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
    • City / Town: Durham
    Reply #26 on: Jul 24, 2022, 01.41 pm
    Jul 24, 2022, 01.41 pm
    Hi I have just renewed my policy with Bennets again and you get free Bennets bike social membership, anyone can join this as a subscription option s/month, but it is free if you take their insurance. Within this bike social there is a lot going on (track days, holidays etc), but I noticed the accessories the Garmin XT at 262 so I pulled the trigger as I have looked at this and this is by far its lowest price and its on route direct from Garmin. However, I have a Lazer Monaco helmet which I love and I have hard wired Trophy and I plug in helmet to bike. The Monaco was designed to take bluetooth the early sena with a separate battery, but Sena discontinued it shortly after its introduction back in 2010ish and Lazer don't advise an alternative. So I will try a couple of big helmet dealers to try to find an alternative in the future (I would prefer a smallish bluetooth with battery tucked away if I can find one). Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I have never even switched bluetooth on the big girl as at work with truck and in my and partners car bluetooth falls out all the time when using a mobile. So when the XT arrives will I be able to pair it to bike as a device on channel 2 and plug in my helmet speakers until I sort helmet bluetooth. I never use a phone on a bike so that is not an issue.

• Offline Novocastrian   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    701
    • Topic Author

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: TTSE
    • City / Town: Tynemouth
    Reply #27 on: Jul 24, 2022, 06.23 pm
    Jul 24, 2022, 06.23 pm
    I use a Shoei Neotec II with the Sena SRL.  It is pretty much all hidden away and works very well.

But it is expensive !

Ken

Ken Hastie
    TTSE, a handful of BSAs, a Vespa 300 and an MGB

• Offline Ade52   gb

• Trophy Member  ‐    70

Offline Ade52

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
    • City / Town: Durham
    Reply #28 on: Jul 24, 2022, 07.37 pm
    Jul 24, 2022, 07.37 pm
    Hi Ken thanks for reply, I have looked at reviews and utube vids for fitment of both the Cardo and Sena products and I think the Cardo Slim might go better for the switch panel on my helmet. There is plenty of room for the battery module in my helmet In a real life test someone did a battery test for both makes and they both topped 9+ hours which you told me. Unless I buy unknown cheap crap that will not last it is all dear, but then again the good stuff comes with 2 year warranty and quality branded speakers  mic waterproof switches. I am still wondering if I can turn Sat nav to bluetooth and listen to plugged in speaker short terms, but I don't think I can as you have to program speakers or bluetooth on bike set up. I have not looked at bike social for any Bluetooth yet, I had to buy the xt at that price as I have seen 2 secondhand units for near 240ish   :087: