Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Get Trophy Bluetooth to My Bluetooth Headset  (Read 412 times)

• Offline Trophyed-Up   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    192
    • Topic Author

Offline Trophyed-Up

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Chesapeake Va.
    Get Trophy Bluetooth to My Bluetooth Headset
    on: Jul 29, 2022, 09.17 pm
    Jul 29, 2022, 09.17 pm
    I am using 2 bluetooth dongles to get audio up to my Cardo Packtalk slim.  I have everything under the seat.  Been using the setup for about a year and it's been solid.  The hardest part is finding bluetooth dongles that turn on and off with power.  You need one receiver and one transmitter.  There are tons of dongles that are battery powered and you have to push a button to get started every time you use them.  These battery powered dongles will do you no good.  Attaching a picture of the setup under my seat.  I have a lot going on here.  I have a dash cam, a buss power supply ect.  I pulled the dongles and usb power up from the depths to be seen. 

Pair the receiver to the Trophy Audio bluetooth.  I am using Trophy Headset 1 paired to the receiver under the seat.  I have a 1/8" audio plugged into the receiver dongle and run to the transmitter dongle.  The transmitter dongle is paired to my Cardo. 

This is the kind of dongle that will work.  This one can be used for receiver or transmitter.  I could only get this one to work as a receiver.  I had to use a different transmitter. 

This is a sample for what I used to power the dongles from my buss power. 

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5044

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Re: Get Trophy Bluetooth to My Bluetooth Headset
    Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2022, 10.46 pm
    Jul 29, 2022, 10.46 pm
    My Sena is just paired directly to the Trophy audio.  I guess I don't understand the reasoning.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Trophy Pro  ‐    192
    • Topic Author

Offline Trophyed-Up

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2022, 11.37 pm
    Jul 29, 2022, 11.37 pm
    Pairing directly from the Trophy to Bluetooth headsets is the way it's supposed to work.  If you are one of the lucky ones that's great. Unfortunately my Trophy radio and many others don't work that way.  My Trophy bluetooth will not work with my Cardo or Uclear headsets.  The Trophy bluetooth transmitter seems to have an operating range of one or two feet.  It will not transmit to the helmet.  Therefore I had to use a workaround.  Someone on the site asked about an earlier post and since I couldn't post pictures via private message I put the info on the site for those who might be interested.     

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5044

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2022, 02.29 am
    Jul 30, 2022, 02.29 am
    Understood, and I personally know someone who went from an old Cardo unit that worked like a charm to a brand new Cardo unit that refused to work with the Trophy at all.  I can walk 30 feet away from my Trophy and still have the audio in my headset.  Luck of the draw!
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Trophy Pro  ‐    192
    • Topic Author

Offline Trophyed-Up

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2022, 02.44 am
    Jul 30, 2022, 02.44 am
    I have a couple Packtalk Slims and some older Uclear units.  Trophy didn't work with any of them or a Packtalk Bold.  My Trophy radio also has lousy SiriusXM reception.  I contacted the radio manufacturer and they said they could sell me a new radio but I would probably have the same problems. 

tweedy-bunch