Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Cruise control - is it broken or am I not doing it right?  (Read 935 times)

• Offline STJIM   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    467

Offline STJIM

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE ( Blue )
    • City / Town: West Michigan
    Re: Cruise control - is it broken or am I not doing it right?
    Reply #16 on: Aug 15, 2022, 04.06 pm
    Aug 15, 2022, 04.06 pm
    And I'd like to add :  verify that the pivot bolt has been upgraded or modified since some OEM's were made of too "soft" of a material ( not hardened or hardened enough ) and had a tendency to shear off.  There have been posts in the past about this issue. 

A new PN has been issued by Triumph, I understand for an upgraded pivot bolt.  The new PN has a harder material from what I can tell.

Here is a pic of a possible modification.  The pivot bolt should be chucked in a lathe when drilling the hole to be certain the hole id centered.

I remember one guy said he rode to the pub and when returning to his bike,  when he put in in first gear, the shift lever fell off !!   So, the same goes for the shift lever:  same pivot bolt PN is used.

I have the upgraded PN on the shift lever and a modified pivot bolt on the brake lever with anti-seize coating the sliding surfaces.  I let you know which one fails first.

Last Edit: Aug 15, 2022, 04.16 pm by STJIM
    IBA #35372  Mile Eater Gold 8-2022
    BBG  5-2014  SS3K 9-2020
    Great Lakes 100 :  2011/2019/2022
    2015 TTSE , 2008 Concours C-14
    1998 ST1100

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5047

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Re: Cruise control - is it broken or am I not doing it right?
    Reply #17 on: Aug 15, 2022, 08.06 pm
    Aug 15, 2022, 08.06 pm
    I drilled mine out on my drill press while clamped into a cross slide vise, and yes the newer version is harder.  I know because I was going to drill one for a spare for anyone with a problem on the road at one of our get togethers and couldn't drill it.  It would definitely take a lathe to do those.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies