Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: GerlachFest 2013  (Read 1518 times)

Offline ibpete

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Chula Vista
GerlachFest 2013
« on: October 02, 2013, 01:00:15 am »
I got the bike out again for a little ride. Rode about 670 miles from San Diego to Gerlach, Nv on Friday, came back on Sunday. I had hoped my rear tire would make it the whole trip but no joy. Cord was showing when I got to Gerlach so I had to limp the 120 miles into Reno, Nv to pick up a new tire.

A friend got a nice pic of the TT out on the playa (dry lake bed).

I added some stuff to the bike so this was a trial. R&G Bars, hydration pack, some running lights, and a cup holder. Everything worked nicely, I love this bike!

I did have the radio quit on me. I was going to take it to the dealer but it seems that pulling the fuse when I checked it made the radio come back. With the inconvenient location of the fuses I hope this is not a recurring event.

After getting home and parking it I get up the next AM to see a nice 3" puddle of oil under the final drive. That's gotta get checked.

anyway my ride report and some pix are posted on my blog. Thanks for looking.
http://ibpete.blogspot.com/2013/10/triumph-trophy-at-gerlachfest.html
Mike Langford [aka IB Pete] IBA#341
I really hate it when I commit to running a yellow light and the guy in front of me chickens out.