Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Bluetooth troubles  (Read 417 times)

• Offline Grubloon

• Trophy Pro  ‐    201
    • Topic Author

Offline Grubloon

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Altrincham, Cheshire
    Bluetooth troubles
    on: Sep 20, 2022, 07.41 pm
    Sep 20, 2022, 07.41 pm
    Is there a way to test the Trophy's Bluetooth system.

The radio/memory stick keeps dropping out with monotonous regularity, when it's playing through my headset, which is a Sena SRL Neotec2 but plays without any drop outs through the bikes speakers.

It did the same when I was using a Cardo freecom+ headset, now starting to get a touch naffed off.

:084:

• Offline Trophyed-Up   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    192

Offline Trophyed-Up

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Chesapeake Va.
    Re: Bluetooth troubles
    Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2022, 01.41 am
    Sep 22, 2022, 01.41 am
    Many on the forum have the same problem.  The Trophy seems to have a weak bluetooth transmitter.  My bike will not maintain a connection to Cardo or Uclear headsets.  Seems a little complicated but has been dependable for me.  Here is a link.   

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,12281.msg135406.html#msg135406

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10140

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2022, 07.47 am
    Sep 22, 2022, 07.47 am
    The Bluetooth Transmitter is located inside the Audio Unit.

The Audio Unit is located under the storage box under the Rider's seat.

Try and keep that storage box as clear as possible,
    and of anything else packed into the gaps around it.

The Bluetooth signal has to get from the Audio Unit
    up through the storage box, the seat, and "parts" of YOU
    to reach your helmet receiving antenna !

Last Edit: Sep 23, 2022, 02.18 pm by Coconut

• Offline Grubloon

• Trophy Pro  ‐    201
    • Topic Author

Offline Grubloon

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2022, 03.04 pm
    Sep 22, 2022, 03.04 pm
    Thanks, Trophyed-up for the info you have supplied, I thought I had read something regarding improving the Bluetooth system, just couldn't remember where I had seen it, I will cost it and see if its worth while, cheers.

Coconut I remember you saying that the Bluetooth system on the Trophy wasn't that great, having to go through the plastic storage box, seat and rider.

My storage box has been cut in half and a new floor glued in so that I could fit the DAB unit near the radio, not being an electronics wizard, would the DAB unit interfere with the Bluetooth signal causing the radio or USB port to drop out, I have a small piece of foam inserted between the DAB unit and radio just to cushion them while riding.

As a matter of interest Coconut where do you have your DAB unit positioned.   :187:

Grubloon
    Last Edit: Sep 22, 2022, 03.14 pm by Grubloon

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10140

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2022, 03.33 pm
    Sep 22, 2022, 03.33 pm
    I have no idea what effect the DAB Receiver sitting in that position would have on the Bluetooth signal.

The only thing I could suggest would be to remove it, and see if it makes any difference !

When I use mine, it sits in the front storage box under the left handlebar.

I've been looking but I haven't found anything yet.  What I think we need
    is some sort of Bluetooth Signal Repeater, comprising a Receiver that could be paired
    with the Trophy Audio system and then re-transmit the received signal
    via a more powerful transmitter from within the same device.

There are plenty of Wi-Fi Signal Repeaters / Boosters / Extenders on the market,
    but I haven't found an equivalent for Bluetooth ( yet )  :084: 

It would also need to be powered by 12 volts !

Maybe digital might have some ideas ?

Cheers  :821:

• Offline Grubloon

• Trophy Pro  ‐    201
    • Topic Author

Offline Grubloon

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2022, 04.00 pm
    Sep 22, 2022, 04.00 pm
    Hi Coconut.

I thought about relocating the DAB unit, not sure if it will fit in the storage box, as I have the memory stick/DAB switch unit in there, will have a look to see if it will fit in, if it doesn't I will look for some alternative places to put it.

Since getting a steel plate and magnetic antenna, Planet Rock works perfectly on the bike speakers, only lost the signal in the hills of Wales twice for a few minuets, but wearing ear plugs the volume has to be quite high, so would like it back through the headset.

Was looking at the kit Trophyed-up uses, it looks promising re Bluetooth boosters, I will have a look to see whats available in the UK.

:028:

Grubloon.

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5045

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2022, 04.01 pm
    Sep 22, 2022, 04.01 pm
    Been wishing for that for ages, ever since all the bluetooth woes of the early K1600GTL's which required using an SRH and hacking into that unit's audio wiring.  I don't know how that could be so complicated to build, since I've already done the 2 separate headsets hack that worked like a charm.  It does require a second Sena unit clipped to my tank bag, and intercom streaming the audio from it to my headset on the helmet, but work it does!  No interruptions, and seemed to my old ears that the audio quality in the helmet was even slightly better.  I am destined to receive a set of Morph wireless ANC earbuds some time soon that have a small control unit that will connect to at least a dozen separate sources and allow me to switch between them with a simple touch of the required source on the display on the control.  I've already asked them if the control can transmit to a different receiver like my Sena and the comment was "not at this time, but firmware updates may make that possible in the future".  They also won't prioritize the sources like a motorcycle headset.  We'll see.  I'm more interested in them for the ANC.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline Trophyed-Up   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    192

Offline Trophyed-Up

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Chesapeake Va.
    Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2022, 04.37 pm
    Sep 22, 2022, 04.37 pm
    I have a lot of wires and electronics under my seat at this time.  When I first bought my Trophy there was nothing to block the bluetooth signal except me sitting on the seat.  Standing beside the bike I could get the headsets to work sometimes but once on the bike and riding forget it.  My solution is basically a crude signal booster.  I discussed buying a new radio with the manufacturer a few months ago.  They said my Bluetooth and Sirius radio problems would probably not be cured with a new radio.  Just got back from a 2000 mile trip.  Still love the bike.  When the roads are fun and twisty I don't need the audio extras.   When rolling down a boring interstate audio is a nice plus.  You can also work around the bike audio by using a Zumo XT or a phone.