Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Transporting Trophy  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
Transporting Trophy
« on: October 05, 2013, 06:09:09 am »
Used the ramp system for the first time with the Trophy. Very handy and unlike the Rocket III it fits neatly inside the bed with tailgate closed.

Had to remove the triangular piece of plastic from under lower fork brace to attach soft ties. This makes it easy to get the trophy to the dealer which is @43 miles away.
Scott

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: Transporting Trophy
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 08:37:08 am »
That looks like a good piece of equipment you got there, do you ride it up or walk it up the ramp ?

Roger

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 02:27:22 pm »
Roger
Both, it all depends on whether it's running at the time. I use it for a variety of things like carrying a garden tractor to service or help someone.
A friend of mine rides a rocket III and he needed to get it to service. The engine would not fire and of course the dealership wanted a fee to pick it up. So, we gave it a shot and the two of us where able to push it up. The ramp is @13' long and stores within the base that is mounted in the bed. The other neat trick is: I have a pair of adjustable legs that allow me to pull out the main section of ramp, remove the 3' extension and use it for a service table or picnic table, which ever works best. Also the entire system can be broken done and I can remove it by myself.
Scott

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 07:06:20 pm »
Sounds good, I imagine it helps if you find a steep hill and head downward, never one around when you want one though. I imagine it was a bit scary riding up it the first time !

Roger

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 04:20:10 am »
I have to admit, that it takes few times before I felt comfortable going up the ramp. The first time you stop on the ramp and realize that it is completely stable, Its all down hill from there. The hardest part is getting it straight into the wheel chock. With the Rocket, I could see the fender.
Scott

Offline Desertaire

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: El Paso TX
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 04:21:57 pm »
What is the black plastic piece in your first picture? I found mine under the rear seat. Don't have a clue what it is.

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 12:22:14 am »
It mounts to the bottom fork brace. Provides protection for do dads above the fender within the fairing.

Scott

Offline Desertaire

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: El Paso TX
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 01:24:44 am »
Would have never figured that one out. That does make the underneath look a lot cleaner. Thanks.