Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Pannier inner bag  (Read 13271 times)

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Pannier inner bag
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:54:28 AM »
Is anyone using the Triumph accessory pannier or top case inner bags?
Are they worth the cost? Do you know of cheaper alternatives?
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
Re: Pannier inner bag
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 02:48:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bludy L [+]
Is anyone using the Triumph accessory pannier or top case inner bags?
Are they worth the cost? Do you know of cheaper alternatives?

I bought the Triumph pannier bags for my Trophy. The quality seems to be very nice, but the bags are made from good quality but stiff material and don't mold to the inside of the pannier case, thus taking away some storage space. For my previous bike, a 2010 Concours-14, I bought bag liners from CeeBailey, which were made from thinner material that molded well to the inside of the panniers, and used them for 18 months with no complaints. I tried using the Concours' bag liners in the Trophy's panniers, but since they were too large, I sold them.

I really prefer keeping my clothes in particular in pannier bags since they keep everything clean and well organized while on tour, nor do loose items get dumped out on the ground if I open the pannier to retrieve something. Additionally I don't like to take dirty panniers into the motel rooms since the dirt could spread around or I could scratch them.

Although I have the Trophy top case, I decided not to get the bag liner for it, since I prefer to keep things organized in small stuff bags with drawstrings. Listing the content on the outside of the stuff bag with a Sharpie helps me find items quickly.

Although I like the Triumph bag liners well enough, if CeeBailey or someone else made bag liners in the correct size, similar to those for the Concours-14, I might well switch.

Don
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:15:38 AM »
I don't use them personally but you may find additional comments here
https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,261.msg3012.html#msg3012
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 07:28:19 AM »
same opinion as Don about perceived quality but lack of flexibility to perfectly fit in. We much preferred the ones we had for the ST 1100, sold by Honda
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:32:15 AM by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 07:30:44 AM »
I have the pannier and top box liners.

Great quality, but yes, a little awkward to get into and shut due to the rigidity of them. You do get used to them though.

Made my recent trip round Europe much easier. Clothing was organised, clean and dry. Much lighter to carry stuff to the rooms in the hotels
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 09:31:41 AM »
Same for me, and I have sides and top box liners. Great outside the pannier/top box, a bit inflexible to put in the casings. Much better than carrying the full casings around. Would prefer something a little softer (used cheap shopping bags before, they worked a treat, but you look like a pauper carrying them into ritzy accomodation.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »
I had a Nike sports bag medium size laying around so I tried it in the pannier and it fitted perfectly, I tried to find one to match but couldn't but at our local outlet store I found an Asics one the same size so when we went on a tour she had the Asics and I had the Nike one we didn't get muddled up whos was whos and they worked perfectly. I had a large general use sports bag and that fits very well in the top box, so whilst I did intend to buy the luggage set I now wont be.

Roger

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 12:23:14 PM »
We use the liners all the time. As CB says, easy to use and carry around when away on a trip.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison