Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: My son rode a new Trophy in Indianapolis today  (Read 1198 times)

Offline NC Trophy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '10 1050 Tiger
  • City / Town: Eastern NC
My son rode a new Trophy in Indianapolis today
« on: January 12, 2013, 11:24:06 PM »
He rode his 800 Tiger up from his home south of Indy, and was surprised to see a silver Trophy on the showroom floor.  He called me to tell me he was looking at the bike (he knows I'm itching to see and ride one), and his initial impression was a bit less enthusiastic than either he or I expected.  While he was there the service manager pulled their demo bike out of the service area, giving my son a chance to see what one looks liked outside under the sun.  He said the difference is huge.. he really liked the looks of the bike in its natural element.

The service manager rode the bike 5 miles, then my son got on it and went for a 20+ mile ride. He called me after his demo and told me he likes the bike a lot. He said it handles like it's much 'smaller' than it actually is, he said the power is smooth and linear, and it stops on a dime.  He liked being able to listen to the radio, which he said sounded good, and he liked the adjustable windscreen.  He said the air coming around it is every bit as smooth as the air behind his Madstadt.

He said the bike would be a great bike for someone who rides two up or who spends a lot of time touring, but for his style of riding he'll stay with his 800 Tiger. 

If you're in the Indy area, check it out.

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: My son rode a new Trophy in Indianapolis today
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:31:36 AM »
Hi NC,
Sounds perfect for me, plenty of 2 up touring. The bikes always look huge in the showroom.
I like the Explorer 1200 too but more comfort level on the Trophy particularly for 2 up as you say.
Looking forward to a test ride myself.

Simon
Simon

tweedy-bunch