Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Down but not out - Hopefully  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
Down but not out - Hopefully
« on: October 09, 2013, 12:58:31 am »
Just heard from the dealer today and it looks like I will be without the Trophy for awhile. He said that they opened a case with Triumph concerning TES and the bike not recognizing my key.
They solved the engine light and a few other little problems but they have not be able to get the TES to calibrate. Every time the ignition is turned on the TES goes into cal mode but never finishes and goes into failure mode.
As for the Key, I was not able to ask questions and not exactly sure what's up with that. The key must still be working if they are able to get the bike to turn on.
I hope they are able to figure it out soon, because I have a vacation planned for the 16th with a ride to my brother's (HHI, SC) and then to my nephew's (ATL, GA).
Here's to crossing my fingers.
Scott

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: Down but not out - Hopefully
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 01:22:46 pm »
Hopefully they will get it fixed soon and you can get it back to have a good vacation.

Offline dijitel1

• Trophy Member
  • Dude. She's not overweight, just big bones...
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 03:21:37 am »
Good luck Scott, keep up posted and I hope all works out well...

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 09:13:40 am »
wish this is solved swiftly, if not done by the 16th maybe the dealer can provide you with a courtesy bike?
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 02:35:25 am »
Unless there is a miracle, it looks like I will be driving down to my brothers.
Verdun95- I have been offered a Goldwing, Monster, and a Rocket III by friends to use but I never really feel comfortable riding other peoples bikes. Even if they are close friends. There is always the "what ifs". As far as using a courtesy bike, I don't know if I would trust some of the bikes I have been given in the past. Still, whether its a friends or courtesy bike, I just never get comfortable. Its a me thing.
I haven't heard anything since last Tues and I have a chance to leave tomorrow afternoon, so unless they fixed it Sat, I figure its still down and out.
The tech did say, that since the blue Trophys are tuned to a higher level than the silver ones, they are a little more tempermental.
Hoping on a miracle.
My ten year old niece, who is going on 30, has informed me that she has created two itineraries for us. One based on me coming down with my car and one based on me with the bike. Wish me luck.
Scott

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 02:50:57 am »
I'm truly sorry for the loss of your blue bike event...the loss  of the blue gal must hurt... silvers rarely make up for the hurt of the loss of a blue... :001:

*Originally Posted by Amboguzzi [+]
Unless there is a miracle, it looks like I will be driving down to my brothers.
Verdun95- I have been offered a Goldwing, Monster, and a Rocket III by friends to use but I never really feel comfortable riding other peoples bikes. Even if they are close friends. There is always the "what ifs". As far as using a courtesy bike, I don't know if I would trust some of the bikes I have been given in the past. Still, whether its a friends or courtesy bike, I just never get comfortable. Its a me thing.
I haven't heard anything since last Tues and I have a chance to leave tomorrow afternoon, so unless they fixed it Sat, I figure its still down and out.
The tech did say, that since the blue Trophys are tuned to a higher level than the silver ones, they are a little more tempermental.
Hoping on a miracle.
My ten year old niece, who is going on 30, has informed me that she has created two itineraries for us. One based on me coming down with my car and one based on me with the bike. Wish me luck.
Scott
2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 09:10:05 am »
Scott: keep my fingers crossed for you!
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 11:03:47 am »
It is a damned shame the dealship cannot support you better. Especially given the money you put into it through buying the bike.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison