Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Twisted Trophies Next Adventure 2024  (Read 15702 times)

• Offline Swat   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    164

Offline Swat

• Trophy Pro
    • Founding Member of the Twisted Trophies😉👍
    • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Hot Springs
    Re: Twisted Trophies Next Adventure 2024
    Reply #48 on: Dec 05, 2023, 08.43 pm
    Dec 05, 2023, 08.43 pm
     :046: Yea Gonzo the Southern Utah Path Finder :062:
    Twisted Trophies Founding Member

• Offline 2slowTrophy   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    1557
    • Topic Author

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
    • City / Town: Dallas TX
    Reply #49 on: Dec 06, 2023, 12.26 pm
    Dec 06, 2023, 12.26 pm
    So I was checking Google for weather in September for southern Utah, and it looks like the temperature average is from a high of 79į to a low of 53įF .

It also says that itís the best time for budget travelers!  So does that mean cheap? Iím guessing it does so Iíll fit in perfectly!

Iím thinking by the time we get this group going, we are to have the majority of Trophy owners, first timers, and all the groups that have been on a get together before I have a amazing get together.

Maybe the second week of September?
    I think this was the time frame that Coconut might be able to join us.

I know itís a long way off, but with all of our Trophy owners out there the planning will probably be excellent.

Hint, hint Gonzo. !!! 😆

IBA # 59602
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

• Offline gonzo68   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    36

Offline gonzo68

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: 2013 trophy se
    • City / Town: Lincoln
    Reply #50 on: Dec 07, 2023, 12.40 pm
    Dec 07, 2023, 12.40 pm
    Wow everybody! Don't know how I ended up in this position but if I can make it I can surely direct us through some good roads and things to see by also taking in a litttle of colorado and arizona also.Like I said in my first post "if I can make it" is the key words right now, and like everybody else, the closer the time gets the better I will be able to tell if I can. Would love to meet all of you and ride with ya. In the past when my buddies and I would go ride to places unknown we never planned things out to much. We had a plan of where we wanted to go and ride but we never booked rooms or such. We got up in the morning and we would decide which way we kind of wanted to go and head out. We allways started looking to stop for the day around 4 O'clock so we never had a problem getting some rooms. Now even if I cannot make it, if you don't mind I would like to give a couple of ideas. If southern utah is where we want to go I would suggest meeting in Durango, Co then take 160 to Cortez. From there go to Blanding, Utah. There you can decide if you want to go north on highway 191 about approx 60 miles and see Arches nat park. If not take I believe hiway 95 to Hanksville. It's a must go to road for me. About 80 to 100 hundred miles of sweepers and old western movie scenery. At Hanksville take hiway 24 to Hiway 12 and take it to hiway 89 then south to kanab or go to Ceder City. During the course of this run there is the opertunity to go to monument valley, Gret barrier reef park and the escalante staircase which you will ride through and at one point have about 1/2 mile of only narrow 2 lane with 1000 ft plus dropoff on each side. Also skinwalker ranch is just outside Vernal Utah up in the northeast corner. Anyway thats just some ideas for everyone to think on. One other thing, if I may, I have watched the sun rise up in the windows of Arches nat park at it is amazing.

• Topic Author

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #51 on: Dec 07, 2023, 01.30 pm
    Dec 07, 2023, 01.30 pm
    Gonzo68 we all appreciate what youíre doing.
    Just giving us the information is what we need.
    As far as obligating you to be the planner of the whole trip is not what was intended so 
    You donít have to worry about it.

With your knowledge of the area itís a tremendous help.

As of now I can say all that is left is to shake your hand to officially make you a member of the Twisted Trophies !!!

IBA # 59602

• Offline gonzo68   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    36

Offline gonzo68

• Trophy Member
    Reply #52 on: Dec 07, 2023, 02.56 pm
    Dec 07, 2023, 02.56 pm
    Soooo, one thing I forgot. If we are meeting in Durango 1 of the roads not to miss is the million dollar highway from Durango to Ouray colorado. It is tremendous. If you don't do it you will regret it.

• Offline crabroper   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    101

Offline crabroper

• Trophy Pro
    • (520) 400-8561
    • Bike: 2017 trophy se
    • City / Town: Tucson
    Reply #53 on: Dec 07, 2023, 09.57 pm
    Dec 07, 2023, 09.57 pm
    was on the million dollar hwy in July in my truck; crazy stuff!  12 in Utah is excellent, but other than that, I'll have to refresh my memory a little.  My brother from Flagstaff has spent a lot of time in S Utah/Aquarius plateau and can offer some ideas as well. Kudos to Gonzo, but I was kidding about ride leader, not meaning to put you on the spot. I'm sure one of our fearless members will step up at some point :152:
    TJ

• Offline gonzo68   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    36

Offline gonzo68

• Trophy Member
    Reply #54 on: Dec 08, 2023, 12.22 pm
    Dec 08, 2023, 12.22 pm
    Woooo, good, cause not knowing everybody, or how they ride, and how they usually like to travel etc, I was thinking, wow, this is not my place to be. But, I have been around the area in Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico from trips in the past that I can help with good roads to go to. Not having a lot of vacation time they were states we could go to and ride and be back in a week.  I never take the straight roads except to get out of my home state.Used to have a guy in the riding group that i was in that rode a Harley and if you let him lead he never took a curvy road even though they were there so you can understand that we did not let him lead hardly at all, even though he wanted to. I'm basically a loner rider nowdays not because I want to be but because almost all my old riding buddies are passed away.My wife rode her own Kawi Vulcan and we took a lot of trips together but because of a couple car accidents(not her fault, both the other people were on cell phones) she has a hard time riding anymore. Like I said, if I can make it, I'd love to. I wish I would have been a member earlier cause we have a friend that lives in Harrison Arkansas. Could have visited them and rode with you guys at the same time. Also have a friend in Missoula Montana if anyone would ever want to go that way.

• Topic Author

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #55 on: Dec 08, 2023, 02.49 pm
    Dec 08, 2023, 02.49 pm
    Normally we have a meeting point because some riders come for a distance with limited time.

That way we can have the whole group at once.

So not all people will ride the same route to meet up.
    Last Edit: Dec 08, 2023, 02.52 pm by 2slowTrophy
    IBA # 59602

tweedy-bunch