Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Max pressure your TPMS has indicated  (Read 1325 times)

• Offline Rick505   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    355
    • Topic Author

Offline Rick505

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Albuquerque, NM
    Max pressure your TPMS has indicated
    on: Aug 26, 2023, 11.45 pm
    Aug 26, 2023, 11.45 pm
    OK, first, Admins if you'd rather have this in general chat I apologize but it is related to tires.

In any case Does anyone actually look at their TPMS readings while underway even if they don't see a warning light?

I was on a day trip earlier today and saw I was low in pressure so just gave each wheel a shot thinking it was correct on the tire gauge I was using.  Not long after I left and got on the highway I happened to check and saw my front, at temperature, was showing 44 PSI (sorry I can't do Bar) and rear was, I think 48 PSI.  I'm running Angel ST tires....you know factory jobs but with low mileage since they were replaced earlier this season.  I realize the pressure increases with temperature but wonder what others might have seen during the warmer months.

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5652

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Re: Max pressure your TPMS has indicated
    Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2023, 03.08 am
    Aug 27, 2023, 03.08 am
    I run 38 front and 43 rear cold on Road 6 GT's, and in the Texas summers I'll frequently show from 41-42 front and 46-48 rear after being on the road awhile in any kind of twisties.  When it's really hot, high '90's it can even be 1 psi more at each end.  I haven't been on the road here since it's been 100 or more so I don't know what would occur at those ambient temps.  My previous 2 sets of tires were Avon Storm 3D XM's and at the same pressures the results were the same.  Before that Spirit ST as OEM's on the '13 and same there too.  I think you're normal.  I'm using an Accugage and it seems pretty accurate judging by the initial pressure that shows up on the display compared to the gauge when I check before rolling out.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline PhilInAthens   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    366

Offline PhilInAthens

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: '14 Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Athens, GA
    Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2023, 02.47 pm
    Aug 28, 2023, 02.47 pm
    *Originally Posted by trophied [+]
    I run 38 front and 43 rear cold on Road 6 GT's, and in the Texas summers I'll frequently show from 41-42 front and 46-48 rear after being on the road awhile...

I'm running Road 4 GTs and have similar observations as trophied mentions here. Overall, I agree that readings such as these, especially on hot roads, are "normal".

• Offline Rick505   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    355
    • Topic Author

Offline Rick505

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Albuquerque, NM
    Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2023, 03.01 pm
    Aug 28, 2023, 03.01 pm
    OK, thanks folks.  I won't be concerned about it anymore.  I admit I do like a pound or more in the front when cold than "recommended".  That also seems to be somewhat recommended in a couple of the other tire threads.  I think I'll go for a ride today.  :002:

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5652

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2023, 03.06 pm
    Aug 28, 2023, 03.06 pm
    If my foot was ready and it was less than 100 F today I would go for a ride as well.  Neither of those will be the case today though. :110:

• Offline Copeina   ca

• Trophy Member  ‐    14

Offline Copeina

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy
    • City / Town: Calgary
    Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2023, 07.40 pm
    Aug 28, 2023, 07.40 pm
    *Originally Posted by trophied [+]
    I run 38 front and 43 rear cold on Road 6 GT's, and in the Texas summers I'll frequently show from 41-42 front and 46-48 rear after being on the road awhile

That is what I see on my Roadsmart 4's as well.  Pretty consistent whether I start the day at 5 degrees or 30 degrees.

Great post - I was surprised at how much they increase during a ride, so happy to see others share their observations.

/Kris

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5652

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2023, 12.19 am
    Aug 29, 2023, 12.19 am
    Helps you understand why the riders in MotoGP are having issues with the new tire pressure rules being enforced as strictly as they are. :087: