Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New TPS wow  (Read 2156 times)

Offline strathroy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Strathroy
New TPS wow
« on: October 11, 2013, 12:39:46 am »
I just got my baby back, with a new TPS and the new ecu tune, what a difference the bike idles better , hold a steady rpm and I swear has less engine noise at low rpm. Maybe some of the noise from before was ignition timing or mixture off but definitely a improvement. :046:
I asked them to check cam chain noise and front rotors for grabbing but they said cam chain noise  was normal and could not find any problem with front brakes. I shall take up the fight in the spring but for now I only have a few more weeks before the weather turns nasty and I'm happy :047:
 I had two new angel gts installed also and oil change filter $695 including tax, ouch! I should be set for next year but after the warranty is over I shall do all the maintenance myself.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: New TPS wow
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 03:19:36 am »
That's great.  What was your total wait time for the TPS replacement?  What were the symptoms that lead to replacement?  Did your bike stall while riding or did it stall when coming to a stop?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 09:30:39 am »
I never noticed a change from old TPS to new (apart from the fact it worked  :001:). The idle etc was fine on mine. Maybe the ECU sorted some rough running issues you had?
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline strathroy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Strathroy
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 11:07:44 am »
I had a reply in the original TPS failure thread, bike quit 3 times but started back up straight away the last time I had engine light flashing and TCS flashing also. I had to wait for the TCS light to go off before it would start. I'm sure that the old sensor has been affecting the engine for a while before it finally quit.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 12:33:36 pm »
*Originally Posted by Strathroy [+]
I had a reply in the original TPS failure thread, bike quit 3 times but started back up straight away the last time I had engine light flashing and TCS flashing also. I had to wait for the TCS light to go off before it would start. I'm sure that the old sensor has been affecting the engine for a while before it finally quit.

Deterioration of the component then.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline dijitel1

• Trophy Member
  • Dude. She's not overweight, just big bones...
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 03:01:34 am »
After waiting 5 weeks for Triumph to send my TPS to the dealer, my bike is now finally fixed. The bike runs great and I'm really happy now. The worst part about this was the bike was at the dealer the whole 5 weeks and they would not allow me to take it until the part came in because of the stall while riding indicator. Time to start racking the miles back ;-)