Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] it's a keeper  (Read 1171 times)

• Offline gonzo68   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    36
    • Topic Author

Offline gonzo68

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2013 trophy se
    • City / Town: Lincoln
    it's a keeper
    on: Dec 05, 2023, 02.47 pm
    Dec 05, 2023, 02.47 pm
    When I bought my 13' trophy se I got it cause the price was right, although it had 50,000 miles, had all the accessories that I wanted (factory top box, tank bag taller std seat, and rg bars. I also have a victory vision. I have always been a sport touring type guy ( concours, fjr, bmw rt, etc) but in 2013 a cager turned left in front of me on my concours-14 and the crash shattered my left leg (titanium sheath and 16 screws). Could not put my leg underneath me to ride without a lot of pain so a friend said you ought to try a victory cause of your legs out in front and no pressure on them. And sure enough, after a test ride I could ride everywhere with out much or zero pain. Hence the Vision. But wanting to try a sport touring bike again, and seeing the trophy se and by sight it all appealed to me so I bought my 13'. Since then it has had a couple teething pains but I love the bike. My vision sits lonely cause when I go to the garage I automatically head to the trophy. Love the feel of the motor, its handling, and wind protection although the vision might be just a slight bit more protection. Had it to colorado for a shakedown run and it did excellent. No bike is perfect but all I need is a good seat, a Laam or Russell to make it as close as it can be. It's a keeper in my book!  I believe the vision is for sale.

• Offline STJIM   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    703

Offline STJIM

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE ( Blue )
    • City / Town: West Michigan
    Re: it's a keeper
    Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2023, 01.59 am
    Dec 09, 2023, 01.59 am
    I almost bought a Vision several years ago - it really "fit" me well.  It's hard for me to find a bike that "fits" me well.
    The FJR is a great bike, but a bit too small for me.

I have a Russell Day Long seat on my ST1100 and Trophy and I also had a RDL seat on my Concours which I sold this year.

I have a 31 inch inseam and be advised, the RDL seat is a bit higher than the stock seat.  I added a set of lowering links and raised  the front forks 1/2 inch and that helped a lot.
    IBA #35372  Mile Eater Gold 8-2022
    BBG  5-2014  SS3K 9-2020
    Great Lakes 100 : 2011 / 2019 / 2022 / 2023
    2015 TTSE , 2008 Concours C-14
    1998 ST1100  1976 Moto Guzzi Convert

• Offline gonzo68   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    36
    • Topic Author

Offline gonzo68

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2013 trophy se
    • City / Town: Lincoln
    Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2023, 04.35 pm
    Dec 10, 2023, 04.35 pm
    stjim, yea I know. I've had a day-long on my 2002bmwr1150rt back in 2003. Yea, it was taller but I could ride a whole tank out without getting off. I also had a laam on my concours-14. It also was a great seat.Laam is a little cheaper and I think his quality has come up a long way from when he first started and depending on who you talk to sometimes russell's quality has  gone a little down. It's a toss up for me. I'll probably go with a Laam over this winter. The vision also fits me like a glove cause I have a 34 inch inseam and the big footboards wiith my long leags suits me great. Thats the only downfall for me on the trophy. I'm a little cramped on leg room which means I have to get off more often  but I still go for it cause there is an untangible quality that draws me to the bike.I could get lowering pegs but I really dont want to go that route unless I have to. A good seat that will help me support my hurt leg I think will do the trick.My leg has gotten as good as it will probably get so I don't have the intese pain like I used to it just gets achy after a while with them underneath me. The difference is the trophy makes feel like i'm on a motorcycle and the vision is so big it feels like a small sports car. But it is a traveling bike.

• Offline STJIM   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    703

Offline STJIM

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE ( Blue )
    • City / Town: West Michigan
    Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2023, 05.12 pm
    Dec 10, 2023, 05.12 pm
    I dropped the foot pegs on my ST1100 by 3/4 of an inch and that really helped.

Don't know if anyone makes lower foot pegs for the TTSE.  Might be looking into.  I'm sure if there is, someone will chime-in.
    IBA #35372  Mile Eater Gold 8-2022
    BBG  5-2014  SS3K 9-2020
    Great Lakes 100 : 2011 / 2019 / 2022 / 2023
    2015 TTSE , 2008 Concours C-14
    1998 ST1100  1976 Moto Guzzi Convert

tweedy-bunch