New member by Saddle Tramp
[Today at 05:24:53 pm]

New Member by Saddle Tramp
[Today at 05:22:20 pm]

Does anybody know of any good Black Friday deals on tires? by Saddle Tramp
[Today at 05:17:10 pm]

Missing Maintenance Item, IMO by Yaga1973
[Today at 04:55:01 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Its Cold !! I need recommendations for a heated jacket please ...  (Read 21518 times)

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
  • Happy Happy Pillion Girl
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Black :O)
  • City / Town: Mercia Marina, Derby

Hello everyone

Well it would seem Winter has arrived in Chesterfield.  We don't plan to be fair weather bikers and happy to be out in most weather (except ice and snow!!) but its definitely getting chillier for this pilly.   :190:

I'm starting to look at getting a heated jacket, especially as we have a nice handy plug in point next to me.  Does anybody have heated clothing or are you all rufty tufty men who wouldn't buy/admit to buying, heated gear?  Can anybody give me any recommendations or anywhere to start looking.  I've found one site so far exo2.co.uk but don't really have a clue as to what I should be looking for.  Is a gilet the thing, or a full jacket, do they heat differently and in different parts etc etc.

Hoping you can advise.

PS.  No, we don't have heated seats and now I wish we did lol, but its just a little too pricey at the moment plus Ian isn't cold, its just me  :012:

Carol

Trophy SE 2015 in Sexy Phantom Black!

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
Re: Its Cold !! I need recommendations for a heated jacket please ...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 02:31:13 pm »
Hi there

My wife has some Gerbing heated gloves, which she can run off the rear socket or rechargeable batteries, and she says they're fantastic. Seems they also do a range of heated jackets, and heated boot insoles, which based on the performance of the gloves, should be well worth a look.

How about getting a heated rear seat, but not bothering with one for the rider?

Offline Desertaire

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: El Paso TX
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 02:34:09 pm »
My brand is Tour Master. But whatever brand you buy...make sure its a full jacket with sleeves. I also ride with heated pants and gloves and the soles of my boots are heated. I've ridden in 14 degree weather and been perfectly warm...except for a little patch of skin where my collar pulled out of the bottom of my helmet. That little spot felt like needles.

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 02:35:01 pm »
 Hi Venonyellow

I think if the only bike we planned to have was the Trophy we'd think about the heated seat - but all being well we're hoping for a second bike too and I'm thinking with a jacket I can then wear it on a different bike :O)  There is method in my madness  :001:

Carol

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 02:36:30 pm »
*Originally Posted by Desertaire [+]
My brand is Tour Master. But whatever brand you buy...make sure its a full jacket with sleeves. I also ride with heated pants and gloves and the soles of my boots are heated. I've ridden in 14 degree weather and been perfectly warm...except for a little patch of skin where my collar pulled out of the bottom of my helmet. That little spot felt like needles.

Ooooh you do sound cosy in your heated gear.  I shall google Tour Master.  Why would you say a full jacket is better?  Are they very thin so you can get another layer on too?

Carol

Offline Desertaire

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 02:45:40 pm »
You won't need other layers. The closer the heated gear is to your skin the better. A say a full jacket because I've seen guys buy just the vest with no collar. One thing about heated gear...it will show just how cold you are in other places.

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 02:48:50 pm »

I think I'd definitely want to wear something underneath otherwise when I arrive somewhere I'm stuck in a heated jacket and nothing else .. but I'm thinking a thin underlayer should be OK.  I see what you mean re a jacket over a gilet - thank you  :001:

Carol

Offline Desertaire

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »
I usually ride with a t-shirt and jeans under my heated gear. If its real cold, I leave off the jeans and wear the heated pants against my skin. Of course I still have all my armored gear on too.

In the center of this picture, under the low seat tag is the heat controller. Its usually put on the rider but I like having it on the bike at all time.

tweedy-bunch