Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What led you to the Trophy?  (Read 11014 times)

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
What led you to the Trophy?
« on: October 13, 2013, 12:52:00 am »
I had an 08 Hayabusa that I had for 5 years...great bike with TONS of power.  Took up tracking (GSXR 1000) with local providers and have been running around a race track so much it kind of took all the hooligan out of my street riding.  Bye, Bye, Busa and hello Gold Wing.  Drove that thing all summer and made the mistake of walking into a Triumph dealer.  Found the Trophy...it has all the Farkles of a GoldWing, but it has some sport!

2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
Re: What led you to the Trophy?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 01:20:23 am »
The Goldwing is a car on two wheels. 

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 01:24:28 am »
Fixed it for ya!  :002:

*Originally Posted by enGage [+]
The Goldwing is a car....
2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl

Offline triucati

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: SOLD: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Carson City, NV
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 03:11:48 am »
I was 99% sure my next bike would be a Goldwing, after only owning sport bikes.  After a test ride on a trophy, no Goldwing for me.  I am still amazed how well the trophy handles in the twisties,   i am so glad i didn't purchase a gold wing.

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 05:10:26 am »
I have great respect for the Goldwing, as it can hussle along as fast as you need to go on the road.  But then the Trophy came along with all the gear needed, far lighter and sportier, better fuel range, better windscreen, protection etc etc.  It is the step up from the St1100 that Honda should have made, but Triumph got there first.  And I can't see Honda matching the character and real world handling of the Trophy.  I have been on two test rides for over an hour each time, and it took 10 minutes in the first ride for me to realise what I needed to do. 

Buying a good ST1300 second hand would have been a 'safe' decision  and cheaper as I know more about them, but it is just not in the same class as the Trophy.  It does sport, it does tour, and everything inbetween.

Offline Tonto

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 07:35:22 am »
From what I've read throughout this forum. particularly from those who have been riding for years, the theme is the same: once you go on a demo ride on the TTSE, you either buy one or would like to have one.   It ticked all of my boxes, it's smooth, handles and steers beautifully (even at slow speeds doing full lock figure 8 turns), has ample power and acceleration, and wow! you can do things like changing suspension damping and windshield height 'on the go', listen to some great rock&roll, and go for plenty of miles on a tank in good comfort.  The bike pretty much does it all execellently and/or extremely well.   I love riding it, when I arrive at my destination, I just want to get back on and keep on riding - that's actually an amazing thing.  And BTW, while I didn't buy the TTSE for this reason, the bloody thing attracts heaps of looks, and lots of interest and attention wherever I go/park. 
Always ride in control.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 08:39:34 am »
For me, I used to ride a 900cc 1991 Trophy 3 but stopped riding after my elder brother managed to lose his life
in a motorcycling collision on 6th August 2002, and I couldn't put my parents through the anguish
of knowing that I ( now their eldest Son ) was out on 2 wheels.

My parents passed on a few years ago, and then early this year while browsing the Web,
looking for details of a ( Yamaha ) bike that a friend had just bought,
I accidentally discovered that Triumph had bought out a new Trophy model  :152:

Loved the look of it, and impressed with all the features, I discussed options with Mrs. Coconut,
who gracefully conceded "If you want one - get one", so I went for a test Ride,
and, helped by having the cash sitting in a bank account not earning anything in interest,
I inevitably ended up buying the bike I Tested - and it was one of the best decisions I ever made  :169:

Online cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 09:03:18 am »
I have been riding bigger capacity sports bikes for years and I believed I was a few years off a touring ride but fate had other things in store.

In 2012 I was very ill and came as close to death as I want to come for many years. I survived but unfortunately the infection damaged the cartilage in my right shoulder leaving me with some mobility issues and a sports bike riding position was just too uncomfortable.

Not wanting to give up riding I started test riding tourers and went through  looking at all the usual candidates. The R1200RT, K1600GTL, FJR1300, Kwak 14 but in terms of features, looks, value for money but most of all sheer riding pleasure the Trophy was he clear winner!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch