Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] DID EVERYONE GET THE TRIUMPH SURVEY REQUEST  (Read 2644 times)

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5645
    • Topic Author

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    DID EVERYONE GET THE TRIUMPH SURVEY REQUEST
    on: Jan 16, 2024, 09.05 pm
    Jan 16, 2024, 09.05 pm
    I got an email from Triumph requesting me to participate in a survey of features I would like to see on future motorcycles.  Unfortunately the Trophy wasn't listed as a model that I currently own, so I used the Tiger 1200 to satisfy that question.  Most of the questions were asking if I would be interested in seeing a lot of things that are currently becoming standard on automobiles little by little.  Adaptive Cruise, Head Up Display, Close Proximity warning (for vehicles following us), and lots of others I won't use the space for.  All were on a "Very Appealing" selection, decreasing incrementally to a "Not at all Appealing" choice.  The one that caught my attention was the suspension lowering option since I'm vertically challenged.  At the end there was a place for comments, whereupon I added that I actually only own the Trophy SE and my 2 cents about bringing back an updated Trophy with easier/less maintenance regarding the air cleaner and valve adjustment issue.  Never will go anywhere, but what the heck, I had to try!  Maybe if everyone that gets the survey adds similar 2 cents SOMEONE will get the hint and bring it up in some of their meetings in one of the back rooms. :745:
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10626

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Re: DID EVERYONE GET THE TRIUMPH SURVEY REQUEST
    Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2024, 06.34 am
    Jan 17, 2024, 06.34 am
    I got the Survey too but with no option to complete it as a Trophy owner so selected the Explorer model.

There was no free text box at the end of mine though, so I couldn’t tell them anything else - like how disappointed I am with them over their lack of support for the Trophy model and its owners !

Cheers  :821:

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5645
    • Topic Author

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2024, 03.21 pm
    Jan 17, 2024, 03.21 pm
    Maybe I got to comment because I selected No Interest at All on so many of their electronics wish list items, and they figured I must be too dumb to use them, so they wanted comments to confirm that.  While some of the items listed made sense, a lot of the features they had listed I saw as a silly distraction on a motorcycle.  A few of them have already been incorporated on other brands for a while now.

• Offline HACKLE   au

• Trophy Master  ‐    1427

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
    • City / Town: Bairnsdale
    Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2024, 11.51 pm
    Jan 17, 2024, 11.51 pm
       No survey request been forwarded in my direction at present. Maybe we're a little behind/slower down here in Australia. I won't be chasing this up as I've already spoken at length with the Australia importer's head honcho regarding the lack of interest Triumph are showing re the Trophy's continuation. Seems like the old saying, "flogging a dead horse".  :164: :164:
    HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old. We are all
                      destined to die, some choose live while alive.
                    If you don't believe, stay home.
                        IBA # 58060

• Offline Grubloon   gb

• Trophy Pro  ‐    243

Offline Grubloon

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Cheshire
    Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2024, 12.10 am
    Jan 18, 2024, 12.10 am
    Yes I got it, I think it's still sat in my inbox, not replacing the Trophy, will just ride it into the ground, not doing the mileage I used to do, plus don't have the cash for a new bike, will ride my T160 Trident a bit more, at least I can get any spare parts for it easily.

• Offline coastalisland   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    168

Offline coastalisland

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Columbia SC
    Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2024, 12.21 am
    Jan 18, 2024, 12.21 am
    No survey request here! :087:
    Coastalisland

• Offline PhilInAthens   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    366

Offline PhilInAthens

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: '14 Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Athens, GA
    Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2024, 02.21 pm
    Jan 20, 2024, 02.21 pm
    I got the survey too. I found it odd that they know I bought/own a Triumph, but don't know which one. Anyway, once I saw they didn't care about my opinion, I canned the email.

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5645
    • Topic Author

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Topic Author
    Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2024, 04.20 pm
    Jan 20, 2024, 04.20 pm
    I think it may have been sent to people on record that purchased any Triumph when it was still in production.  I filled it out because I really wanted them to know what I thought was important, not that it makes any difference.  I'm an old rider, and Triumph still makes old style bikes (style that is), and I think they need to know that 20 somethings are not buying motorcycles, and their buyers are buying motorcycles because they're MOTORCYCLES not cars.  We value handling, comfort, and sensible additions to that end on motorcycles, and not things that make them carlike.  I'm not replacing my Trophy.  I don't see anything I like better now, and I'm not able to afford anything new anyway.
    Last Edit: Jan 20, 2024, 04.23 pm by trophied

tweedy-bunch