Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: trophy top box v givi maxia 55lt  (Read 4768 times)

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
  • ride safe (Harley, Dylan, Milo.)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: grimsby
trophy top box v givi maxia 55lt
« on: October 15, 2013, 06:45:07 am »
Hey All

Looking at the givi maxia 55lt it looks bigger,has anybody got one ?, If so how is it ?. :084:
trophy4me (Andy)

Offline Paulvt1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR 1200
  • City / Town: Wolverhampton
Re: trophy top box v givi maxia 55lt
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 03:41:13 pm »
Not sure if this is any help - but i had a Givi E52 which had a bigger interior capacity than the Triumph one.

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 04:59:44 pm »
*Originally Posted by trophy4me [+]
Hey All

Looking at the givi maxia 55lt it looks bigger,has anybody got one ?, If so how is it ?. :084:

Large enough for two helmets (a shoei neotec and multitec) - I have the Triumph box on my TT and it's nowhere near as good. 3500 miles and it's starting to fall to bits already

Offline Harlock

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Torino
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 08:43:42 am »
Hi.

I used both top boxes on my TTSE. When I first sow the original top box I did not like it, so I elaborated with my mechanic a way to mount a Givi plate on the original Trophy plate without removing it. I used this top box on my previous bike, and I loved it: the Givi top box is very big, and comfortable. However I decided to try the original top box too... well... I dod not come back to Givi. The Triumph box needs some further maneuvers to fit two helmets, because you've to find the right position, and maybe it has that two bloody support cables that always find a way to go in the middle between the cover and the part below of the box when you try to close it, but overall is perfect. The moving plate system (that cannot work with a Givi top box) make me feel like if I did not have any top box, even if heavily loaded. I can feel the differences both in motion or when I'm maneuvering the bike for parking or similar. The Triumph box cover can be loaded easily, so you can better use all the capacity, even if you have to get used at it. From an aerodynamicist point of view, I noticed more turbulences when I'm alone with the Givi, and I had to pay attention to a kind of "pendulum effect" when it happen to me to travel behind a big truck at higher speeds. No problems with TTSE original top box. Furthermore, I think that the plug inside the original top box is very comfortable, because I always use bike and I can recharge my mobile or tablet like if I were in a car. So, if you prefer anyway a Givi Top Box, I suggest you the 47 lt one (I tried it using a friend's one: it is better then the bigger Givi), because the big one gives some balancing and aerodynamicist problems; if anyway your problem is the capacity, I suggest you the original TTSE top box.

Offline johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 06:38:56 pm »
I had a givi e55 top box on my st1300 for 2 years doing over 10,000 miles with no problems. I used on German autobahns at up to 90 mph with no problems.
As it seemed more spacious I transferred it to the new Trophy and have had no problems.

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 08:04:23 pm »
Can you describe how the moving plate works on the stock box?

*Originally Posted by Harlock [+]
Hi.

I used both top boxes on my TTSE. When I first sow the original top box I did not like it, so I elaborated with my mechanic a way to mount a Givi plate on the original Trophy plate without removing it. I used this top box on my previous bike, and I loved it: the Givi top box is very big, and comfortable. However I decided to try the original top box too... well... I dod not come back to Givi. The Triumph box needs some further maneuvers to fit two helmets, because you've to find the right position, and maybe it has that two bloody support cables that always find a way to go in the middle between the cover and the part below of the box when you try to close it, but overall is perfect. The moving plate system (that cannot work with a Givi top box) make me feel like if I did not have any top box, even if heavily loaded. I can feel the differences both in motion or when I'm maneuvering the bike for parking or similar. The Triumph box cover can be loaded easily, so you can better use all the capacity, even if you have to get used at it. From an aerodynamicist point of view, I noticed more turbulences when I'm alone with the Givi, and I had to pay attention to a kind of "pendulum effect" when it happen to me to travel behind a big truck at higher speeds. No problems with TTSE original top box. Furthermore, I think that the plug inside the original top box is very comfortable, because I always use bike and I can recharge my mobile or tablet like if I were in a car. So, if you prefer anyway a Givi Top Box, I suggest you the 47 lt one (I tried it using a friend's one: it is better then the bigger Givi), because the big one gives some balancing and aerodynamicist problems; if anyway your problem is the capacity, I suggest you the original TTSE top box.
2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 03:07:32 pm »
Take a look at a post I just made here : Triumph Dynamic Luggage System
which has a video explaining the principles of how the Dynamic Luggage System works  :028:

The top box is not shown on the video, but the principle is explained  :169:

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 03:45:13 pm »
Got it, but still haven't seen one in person.  Does the top box allow movement side to side or front to rear?
2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl