Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Service Manual  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
Service Manual
« on: October 15, 2013, 02:40:54 PM »
I ordered the service manual and three ring binder from Bike Bandit on-line.  They also have the parts fiche for the Trophy available and you can order parts from them, but they state they take longer to get Triumph Parts than other bikes they support like Honda.  They aren't any cheaper than your local dealer, but you can order parts in the middle of the night and it's nice having the parts breakdown available when you're working on the bike so you can see how things go together.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Service Manual
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 03:44:23 PM »
Good info.  Service manual is a definite must have if you intend to work on the bike.  Should have even if you just want to know how bike works.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »
The parts breakdown is great I use it all the time here in the UK at http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_catalogue.php?model_id=621910 I have no alleigance with them apart from spending lots of money with them???   They have all the triumph models on there and it gives the proper part number as well.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 04:43:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
The parts breakdown is great I use it all the time here in the UK at http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_catalogue.php?model_id=621910 I have no alleigance with them apart from spending lots of money with them???   They have all the triumph models on there and it gives the proper part number as well.

Ditto its very useful  :028: :028:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 07:22:34 PM »
My local dealer doesn't have any Triumph parts on line so you have to go in and describe the part to the parts guy to place an order.  Being able to provide the part number speeds things up considerably.

Offline Wells

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Gainesville
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 06:13:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ernest T [+]
My local dealer doesn't have any Triumph parts on line so you have to go in and describe the part to the parts guy to place an order.  Being able to provide the part number speeds things up considerably.

From what I remember, and please correct me if I am wrong, Bike Bandit uses a different part numbering system from the Triumph OEM numbers, so watch out for that!
Other Bikes:
Honda 919
Honda CB750A Hondamatic

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 07:18:30 PM »
You're right I'd forgotten about that.

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »
I got the manual and it certainly is written in "British" which sounds different than English to an American ear :745:.  It looks like it'll do the trick.  I have to get acquainted with Newton meters since it doesn't list the foot pound equivalent like the Honda service manuals.

tweedy-bunch