Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: SAT NAV MOUNT  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
SAT NAV MOUNT
« on: January 14, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »
Got the Sat Nav mount for the Trophy? Looks like yet more modification??
Problem being that groove for the wiring will take a single wire for powering up the unit?  BUT!! I use my Garmin 550 in conjunction with an AutoCom system and using the correct wiring supplied it needs to allow 3 wires.
Triumph will tell you that can be linked via bluetooth??? cheaper to alter the mount.

Any one else out there finding these small glitches pass on the LUV!!
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: SAT NAV MOUNT
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 09:43:56 AM »
I am sure in the Trophy advertising the sat nav mount was designed with the Zumo 660 in mind and that has the one 'cable' exiting the mount with all the ancillary wiring enclose. i.e. Power cable, headphones/audio out jack, mini-USB connector and microphone jack.

Part No. Part Number: 010-11270-03 @£59.99 from Garmin or on eBay I'm sure.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: SAT NAV MOUNT
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:37:37 AM »
Thanks for pointing out the errors of my ways, I have had my Zumo 660 for three years, before the current Trophy, it has been fitted to my three previous Sprint's and a Speed Triple. It has always been fitted as per Zumo instructions i.e. On a suitable and secure location based on available power sources and safe cable routing.

Regarding the permanently live cradle, I do not envisage a problem as when the unit is not in place the Garmin supplied 'weather cap' is. The Triumph power socket on engine L/H side is also permanently live, (I use this for my Optimate) , have you told them it's NOT A GOOD IDEA?

There are more things that are likely to be of interest to an unsavory person on a parked unattended motorcycle than an empty sat nav mount.