Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TES doesn't calibrate / Audio Not Found / Won't Start - Again  (Read 7016 times)

Offline Sid001

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Trenton, NJ
TES doesn't calibrate / Audio Not Found / Won't Start - Again
« on: October 24, 2013, 02:56:36 AM »
Trophy is back to the dealer for the third time - same problem: TES doesn't want to calibrate followed by Audio Not Found followed by won't start, completely dead. Seems to be happening every two weeks. First time they calibrated the TES, second time put in a new battery. See what they do tomorrow. I gave Atlanta a call and Triumph tech Greg is going to call the shop.

Service dept called after talking with Triumph USA and they still can't find any problem. They are putting a test battery on it (whatever that means) overnight to see what happens.

However it seems the service mgr is trying to insist I keep putting the parking light on when locking the fork which is draining the battery. If I was a noob I could understand why they could think that - but I've been bringing my bikes to them for the past 4 years for service. I just wish they would find the problem and not assume operator error.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Online janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: TES doesn't calibrate / Audio Not Found / Won't Start - Again
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 04:28:20 AM »
If it is possible, might be a good idea to try a different dealer...
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC

Offline chrisb1

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:39:13 AM »
do you wash it every 2 weeks?
i had a problem (posted elsewhere)....got round it initially by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. This happened after washing - i am more careful now!

Offline Sid001

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »
 :431:K
*Originally Posted by chrisb1 [+]
do you wash it every 2 weeks?
i had a problem (posted elsewhere)....got round it initially by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. This happened after washing - i am more careful now!
I barely wash it at all and when I have I didn't have a problem. Not sure why washing the bike would be a reason for this to happen and if that's happening after you wash your bike you should have it fixed. I rode my bike in driving, pouring rain for over 125 miles twice and didn't have any electrical problems.

There's no rhyme or reason this is happening - bike is garage kept both at home and at work. I ride it just about every day at highway speeds. We haven't had a lot of rain in Jersey, in fact we have a drought watch right now. It hasn't been getting cold until just two nights ago. Something is draining the battery and they can't find what it is.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Custer, WI.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 03:42:01 PM »
FYI, The owner's manual recommends putting tape over the locks and plastic bags over the switch gear and muffler outlet to prevent water from entering while washing.

--Papermaker

Offline Sid001

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 04:14:13 AM »
Dealer called me today and they can't find anything wrong with the bike. They insist I'm putting the parking light on when locking the fork. Asses.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Fireman73163

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Miles, IA
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »
I just had the "audio not found" message come up last night after riding fo 30 miles to show the new bike to some friends. I had my heated gear on and my Moto-lites on and listening to music. Went to turn on some tunes and nothing !Everything else worked fine, started fine, TES booted up fine. Drove home 45 miles and put the Optimate on overnight and this morning the orange light was still on the charger...? Could it possibly be a bad battery? I just got the bike tuesday and only have 290 miles on it !

Offline ISU Cyclone

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Algona, IA
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 01:25:47 AM »
I get the "Audio Not Found" for no reason. First couple times it was after washing. Another time I forgot & plugged in my Gerbing heated suit before I started the engine. Today on a sunny, cool day the audio worked fine 3 starts in a row. The 4th time with no accessories on, started normally but no audio. I pulled the fuse & audio works fine. I have never locked the steering column or put on the parking lights. Dealer has no answers.
19?? Cushman scooter, 1971 Suzuki TC100, 1973 Kawasaki Mache II 350 Triple, 1974 Honda CL450, 1976 Suzuki GT750 Water Buffalo, 1980 Suzuki GS1000, 1983, 86, 87, 87, 91 Yamaha Venture, 2013 & 2014 Triumph Trophy SE (both blue)

tweedy-bunch