Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Why no voltage display ?  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Fireman73163

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Miles, IA
Why no voltage display ?
« on: October 27, 2013, 08:16:33 pm »
Just got to thinking, the Trophy can display speed, fuel, temp, odometer, cruse setting, miles until empty, tire pressure, outside temp, ect......why didn't they include a simple digital voltage display or oil pressure display ? With all the technology this bike has, they might have fell just a little shy of a couple important readings.....Just my opinion.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Why no voltage display ?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 12:01:38 am »
I agree completely.  Especially on the oil pressure.  I like to drive my Corvette with the oil pressure displayed and wish I could do the same with the Trophy
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 04:06:16 am »
I have a voltmeter on the ST1100, and it is reassuring to glance at it sometimes to make sure things are ok.

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 03:55:17 pm »
*Originally Posted by saaz [+]
I have a voltmeter on the ST1100,
an aftermarket one I suppose? from memory on mine there were only the tank and the temp gauges in addition to the speedo and tacho
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 04:10:02 pm »
Ever since I blew the main fuse on the Sprint and the first sign of problems was the guages going to zero when riding I put an after market guages on the Sprint and the Tiger. 

I have now bought a bluetooth OBD tester and am making a 'new' android sat nav that has gps for navigation, phone, music and bluetooth to the OBD sender and the first guage I have added is a volt meter.  The sat nav is waterproof and can pair to multiple headsets at once.  I am currently 'making' a holder that will fit into the Garmin holder so I can clip it in and out like the 660.  The only problem is that the power is a micro usb that I will have to wire in and clip in and out separately.  I cannot think of an easy way to connect it automatically.

I will then try and write an app that warns if the volts go low and anything else I can think of from the OBD.

The 'new' sat nav is a 5inch waterproof Android phone!!

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 05:34:40 pm »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
Ever since I blew the main fuse on the Sprint and the first sign of problems was the guages going to zero when riding I put an after market guages on the Sprint and the Tiger. 

I have now bought a bluetooth OBD tester and am making a 'new' android sat nav that has gps for navigation, phone, music and bluetooth to the OBD sender and the first guage I have added is a volt meter.  The sat nav is waterproof and can pair to multiple headsets at once.  I am currently 'making' a holder that will fit into the Garmin holder so I can clip it in and out like the 660.  The only problem is that the power is a micro usb that I will have to wire in and clip in and out separately.  I cannot think of an easy way to connect it automatically.

I will then try and write an app that warns if the volts go low and anything else I can think of from the OBD.

The 'new' sat nav is a 5inch waterproof Android phone!!

what model phone is it?  thanks

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 06:21:40 pm »
Hi John,

even though I detest Android as an Operating system, so counter intuitive, the capabilities of the device you are potentially building sounds tempting enough to make me put up with it!

I hope you crack the micro USB charging issue.... that would make it perfect! :001:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 08:44:13 pm »
I am trying to power it off the Garmin cradle but cannot work it out at the moment.  I have some 12 to 5 volt little power supplies. The phone is a haier w910

John

tweedy-bunch