Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Alternator  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
Alternator
« on: January 16, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »
Does anyone know the alternator output , re installing aux. lighting , heated gear etc ?
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline 2wheeler

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
Re: Alternator
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:53:50 PM »
Alternator. . . .12 Volt, 70 Amp at 4,000 rpm (from the owner's manual page 163)

I think it will be the same alt as the Explorer 1200 and I think I read somewhere it was 635 watts. It should handle lots of accessories.

Owner's manual:

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,107.0.html

By the way... congrats on new Trophy. I haven't heard of many Canadian Trophy's landing in Canada yet. Do you have any snow there?

Offline 2wheeler

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:04:03 PM »
Ooops! My last posting is incorrect. It should have been from page 168 of the owner's manual. My mistake. My memory is like a bunny's tail - short and fuzzy.

Offline 2wheeler

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 11:16:43 PM »
I checked out one of the reviews (http://www.ashonbikes.com/content/triumph-tiger-explorer-review) and this is what they said regarding the alternator for the Triumph Explorer 1200 which should be the same for the Trophy:

"There's also a clue as to Triumph's well thought through approach and understanding of the category's needs, as the alternator has a huge 950W output, far more than rivals (the GS's is 720W) and enough for full electrically heated clothing for passenger and rider, plus plenty of accessories too.

http://www.ashonbikes.com/content/triumph-tiger-explorer-review

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 12:45:42 AM »
Well , 2wheeler , sounds great , peaked at a couple sites today ...What is your choice of heated gear ?
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline 2wheeler

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 04:10:25 AM »
I've read that Gerbing has great heated gear products but also great customer service. Problem is, the outer heated gear is not available until next fall due to their moving the fabrication back to the States. So if I need it now I would have to order the jacket heated liner and pants liner. Just buying the outer heated Alternator should handle everything.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 08:16:19 AM »
I converted my original wiring for my heated gloves ( added the correct plug ) :046:. This allowed me to utilise the 2 power points. This worked very well  :046:. The alternator output was designed with the option rider & pillion to have this option.
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline RAS

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 11:32:07 AM »
I am glad to hear that the standard power sockets can be utilised for powering heated clothing. Would I be correct in assuming that the rider uses the one located on the left hand side of the bike, down by the engine? I would be looking to power my heated gloves and jacket from this point, if it works without too many flapping cables!!
What is the rating of the fuse for this socket? The handbook downloaded states 10A and then in another section 20A. Which is correct???