Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Into the Storm  (Read 1261 times)

Offline rchollebon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trothy SEE
  • City / Town: Twickenham
Into the Storm
« on: October 27, 2013, 08:33:27 PM »
After picking up the Pacific Blue TT on Thursday, we decide to head 200 miles to Hartland Quay in Devon, a deliberate run in bad weather. When we arrived at the hotel on the quay we were surprised with the problem we had, had to think how best to park the bike due to the wind, I can recommend the hotel as friendly and basic but it's position is unbeatable, also has a cosy pub that does decent food. It was during dinner that a lot of people enquiries as to our sanity! Wind reached 80mph in the night and the rain was intense to say the least, in the morning I wondered if we had made a mistake and might be stuck for a couple of days, however in a break in the rain we loaded up and set of, had a job to walk to the bike due to the wind, so set of with some trepidation. Oddly enough it was very easy, had a straightforward run home. Bike is awesome in bad weather, next stop if I can get tickets will be Valencia for the moto GP final. Stats for journey, 2 up and top box, no panniers. 416 miles, 53.8mpg, average speed 56mph. Very impressed with economy and tank range as we were not hanging about

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: Into the Storm
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:35:46 PM »
Well done, we went out today I was wondering what the wind would be like on the motorway but it was fine, nothing like what you had, very glad it all went well.

Roger

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Into the Storm
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 09:21:23 AM »
We did 30mph gusts Sunday and that was difficult. I wouldn't like to ride in anything stonger.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison