Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Heat-troller install on my new Trophy SE  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Fireman73163

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Miles, IA
Heat-troller install on my new Trophy SE
« on: October 28, 2013, 01:03:03 am »
When I ordered my Trophy I asked the dealer to install a few must have options, one was the dual Heat-troller for my heated clothing, my dealer, Sindt Motors in Dubuque Iowa came thru nicely. The controller I selected has the dual wireless controller option, which we simply looped the lanyard out of the way around the handlebars and velcroed the controler to the brake res. on the right hand side ( first 2 photos).  They mounted the receiver under the rear seat and the twin outlets just under the left rear grab handle, all nice and tidy ! ( last 2 photos )

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: Heat-troller install on my new Trophy SE
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 03:37:07 pm »
Excellent, consider your idea stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Springboro, OH
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 04:02:30 pm »
Very nice installation! What other parts other than the dual controller were used?
Every day is a Saturday when you're retired!

Offline Fireman73163

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 04:42:01 pm »
The only other parts were a couple pieces of velcro, one to hold the controller on the brake res. and one to hold the receiver module in place under the seat. And the two panel mount DC Coax plugins. Everything else came with the wireless Heat_Troller kit. It simply hooks up to the battery , plugs into the receiver, the two outputs then simply plug into the DC Coax panel mounts. I would also recommend picking up a couple DC Coax extension cables to go from the plugins to your gear. It is all available from  http://www.firstgear-usa.com , you can also get various addapters at http://www.powerlet.com/products.

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 04:47:24 pm »
I've never had heated gear so I'm not up to speed on connections and the like, but why would you add heated gear plugs to a bike that already has them?  If I'm seeing the pics correct it looks like you added to plugs right next to the single on the rear?  What do they do that they single existing does not?
2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl

Offline Fireman73163

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 06:15:50 pm »
The 2 plug ins that I added are a DC COAX dedicated for the heated gear, not the same as the standard outlets on the Trophy, it just happens that they look the same, which is nice. You can get an adapter that goes from the standard Trophy plugs to the DC COAX which you could then plug into the controller for the heated gear, my setup just makes for a lot simpler setup.

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Springboro, OH
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 07:16:23 pm »
Interesting that you had the receiver module under the seat. The instructions from FirstGear (Warm & Safe) has you stuffing everything into a special pocket in the jacket liner with a single connection the bike. Very nice alternative method of mounting.
Every day is a Saturday when you're retired!

Offline Fireman73163

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 07:28:02 pm »
It works out well, you keep just the extension cord in your pocket, keeping the space for other things and not so bulky. Would be bad to have the jacket along and realize you left the controler at home. Mine is the dual unit, if I'm alone I can have 2 different "zones" of heat or if a passenger is along, they have their own "zone".