Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Cruise Control won't work!!  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
Cruise Control won't work!!
« on: October 31, 2013, 10:16:09 PM »
So, for the last week it's been russian roulet w/my cruise control...I turn the bike on, start on my way and hit the CC button and it may or may not respond. If it won't come on, I have to stop the bike, turn it off for 10-15 mins, re-start the bike and try again...it either works as it's supposed to or it stubbornly stays off! I took it in to get serviced and was told that my CPU seems to think that the front wheel is spinning at a different rate from my rear wheel and that it needed to be re-synched, which he did....on my way home from the dealer it worked fine....I stopped off at Dollar General for some wrapping paper for the Wife's B-Day present, started the bike and....NO CRUISE CONTROL again :157:
Any ideas or similar problems out there? A little help? -Thanks, Dr Ron
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline Wells

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Gainesville
Re: Cruise Control won't work!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:00:29 PM »
I think the very first thing I would have checked, before even the software and switches for the cruise control, is the status of the battery. Is the battery still good?

As far as I can tell, this bike is absolutely famous for having electrical glitches (which is what you appear to be experiencing) when the battery is not quite up to snuff.
Other Bikes:
Honda 919
Honda CB750A Hondamatic

tweedy-bunch