Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph SUCKS  (Read 5092 times)

Offline chgosprint09

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Chicago
Triumph SUCKS
« on: November 02, 2013, 04:59:40 pm »
As some if you may have read my bikes electrical system went down two weeks ago today. Now after two weeks the dealer says he did not receive the parts from triumph ( due by yesterday) and when checking the system they can not tell me anything other than it may be a few more weeks. I wonder can I skip the payment for this month or just put it off for a few more weeks. This is the second time since I purchased the bike that electrical problems have caused head aches. First time could have been the mechanics fault as he forgot to put in a relay for top box outlet and also forgot to plug in the GPS and another relay on the heated grips. The dealer claims the relays must have wiggled out and the plug came loose from vibration but I do not believe them. But this the alternator going bad and battery being fried is a triumph issue for sure and they claim there are none of the parts needed to repair in the USA. I ordered a watch from china and received it in 3 days costing 3.00 USC for shipping?

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Triumph SUCKS
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 05:40:01 pm »
Interesting thread title.  Whether you can withhold payment will depend on your state law. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 06:16:55 pm »
That is terrible service, and unacceptable.

What would their reaction be if you said,

"Here's the bike, give me back all of my money
and let me know when you have another new one with no faults" ?

Offline RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy & Tiger 1
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 06:17:54 pm »
My experiences of dealing with Triumph have been great, how can you be sure it's not your dealer that sucks?!  :084:

John.

Offline chgosprint09

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Chicago
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 10:03:51 pm »
I just returned home from the dealer and they showed me where the part is expected to ship on 13 November 2013 the key word is expected than it has to go thru customs ect another 2 weeks of waiting and that is if it in facts ship. the last time we looked the part was to be at the dealer PER Triumph corporate Yesterday 1 Nov 2013. Further investigation today revealed, PER TRIUMPH REP, None of the parts needed are in fact available to ship from Triumph and when some are available to ship they will ship it. So i aksed give me a new bike or take the required part off another bike to which the answer was NO can not be done. They have offered to alow me to use a DUCATI for my trip which is planned for next week. If I wanted a Ducati I would have bought one.

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 10:22:28 pm »
That does suck. I hope it all gets resolved soon. I have heard horror stories about difficulty getting parts. I've been fortunate so far, I should count my blessings. Take the Duc and enjoy the ride.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline flyingz06

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Indiana
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 01:08:02 am »
have them loan you a ducati multistrada.  its my favorite of my 3 bikes.

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 04:55:17 am »
The dealer can and lots do take parts of new bikes to get the customer going. It has happened to me with both bikes and cars. Remember when my dealer got rid of royal enfield. They had one new bike that was a donor bike to the ones they sold.