Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: R&G Gaurds  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
R&G Gaurds
« on: January 18, 2013, 03:19:00 AM »
So for those of us here in Canada I have found it is cheaper to buy these in Can. Than the US . Twisted Throttle is at 660 can , A Local Can. Dealer 540 can
Find it strange , but double checked ...!
Also ordered a,set of MFW highway pegs for mounting on the R&G setup ...
Can anyone tell me if the 12v acc. connection on the rear of the trophy is a Powerlet brand ...?
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Ndo

Re: R&G Gaurds
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 07:15:40 AM »
...could you please post pics of your set up

Offline elooker

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE, Explorer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 02:39:00 AM »
The rear outlet (not in the box) is the same as the outlet by the engine.  I believe that is a Powerlet.

Offline CoJaW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:30:35 AM »
Hi!
I would welcome comments about the R&G bars! Are they worth the money? Do they spoil the looks of the Trophy? Any comments would be appreciated!
Thanks!

:187:

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 03:44:29 PM »
Hi,

The R&G Adventure ars are actually quite subtle (at least on a blue bike), but they are only one part of a complete set of protection kit for the bike. There are plenty of pictures of the gear on the internet if you take the time to look.

As regards value for money, they are quite expensive, but when you are paying £15k for a bike it is a relatively small extra price. The question is: how much would it cost to repair damage that could have been prevented by the crash protection kit? I have not seen prices for the spares yet but I bet they would quickly add up to the £500 cost of the protectors!

You pays your money and you takes your choice. After an embarrasing incident on my test ride I shelled out for the complete crash and paint protection kits!
"Let's be careful out there"