Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Travelling by bike, a passion!  (Read 1977 times)

Offline bouuuxiouuu

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • City / Town: Tours
Travelling by bike, a passion!
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:14:07 AM »
I got my motorcycle license in 2003 ... After driving around in France, I had the desire to travel further and explore Europe.

In 2005, my first trip took me in Romania and Bulgaria, to discover the "Black Sea"

Became addicted, and after crashing my XJR 1300, I bought a 650 Vstrom to go to the North Cap

On my first trip, I discovered Bosnia, a country that I find one of the most beautiful and wild in Europe ...
So in 2008, I go back there with my brother and his 800 tiger XC :

And always this desire to go further, always further ... discover western Russia, with St. Petersburg and Moscow in 2009, with my new 990 adventure (my favorite bike !) ...

In 2010, 2011 and 2012, I go to Morocco, crossing this so beautiful country in all directions ... Montains, sea, sand dunes, dirt tracks ... great people and food ... Love this country to !

In 2013, I went to the Spanish side of the Pyrenees, and then I crashed with my wife in a ravine at the bend of a path filled with pebbles ... not a happy ending with a broken knee and elbow .. My wife was not hurt, I wanted to keep the bike away from her and got run over by the bike loaded with luggage ...

Now, ride on dirt tracks with my wife gets complicated, and we will drive on asphalt only, hence my choice for triumph! But I keep the KTM for another dual-sport riding !

Here is my travel presentation :)
(A future trip would be to go in the UK, Scotland, wales and Ireland ... I do not know these country :)
There's so much trip I would do ...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 07:16:25 AM by bouuuxiouuu »

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Travelling by bike, a passion!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:19:05 AM »
Sure you are a long haul traveler :047: wish you many, many more miles of fun riding on your new Beauty  :002:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 07:49:36 AM »
Welcoms to the forum.
Wow. That's really impressive touring. Tell us when you decide to come to England and perhaps some of us can meet and ride with you.
Stay safe.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:11:18 PM »
Hi there, thanks for the touring history... Some great trips there! How long did each one take you? They look like they would have been 3 or 4 weeks each.. Would be nice to be able to get that much time off at once!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline bouuuxiouuu

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • City / Town: Tours
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
Hi,
For the north cap, and our russian trip, we take about 4 weeks. For the most european trip, 3 or 2 weeks.
:)

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 04:50:39 PM »
Great trips.  Wish that I could duplicate them. Should have taken the opportunity when I lived in Europe
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST