Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Aftermarket Exhaust  (Read 13460 times)

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Aftermarket Exhaust
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:09:28 AM »
Hi I know its early days but just wondering if anyone has fitted a Remus or other pipe?
I would love to hear the difference in sound if anyone has and can post a clip with their opinion on yes get 1 or no don't bother.
Am I too early for this?
Simon

Offline 3pot

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Loughborough
Re: Aftermarket Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone planning to do this too. Mine is due end of March   :007:

I had a 5 hour test ride from Staffordshire Triumph a couple of weeks ago when my Explorer went in for its Cam Buckets replacement jobbie.

I was actually quite determined to hate it to be honest - I wasn't a big fan of the all-in-one fairing look and I'd sat on it at the NEC show but it just performs so  :172:  well!

I still think it needs something to release the snap, crackle and pop  on the overrun - I was pretty impressed with the Tiger's standard can after all - but the Trophy unit is a bit underwhelming.

Trophy SE
T595 Daytona

Offline elooker

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE, Explorer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 02:18:40 AM »
I was hoping the Arrow would make a muffler for the Trophy, but it sounds like that won't happen.  I asked Triumph about that possibility, but they said not at this time.  I hope the change their minds.  My Explorer sounds great with the Arrow exhaust.

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 09:17:36 PM »
Max Moto has posted a sound track ... And 5% off c/w free shipping till end of march ...
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline freefallnz

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Levin
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 12:06:17 AM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:08:47 AM by freefallnz »
Keep the shiny side up

Offline Tiggr

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 11:12:17 PM »
I'm planning on a fuel end can. I've been in for a chat, just need to take the bike in again to let Damian build up a jig for the link pipe. I've had their cans before - the one on my Explorer was the first one made for that bike. Great quality, all hand made, and reasonably priced too.

Offline Philpat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Holyhead
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 10:53:06 AM »
I have contacted Pipewerx a UK manufacturer of aftermarket exhausts, they dont at present make a pipe for the Trophy but I have been invited to take my bike up to the factory to manufacture and fit a pipe.They then intend to add the pipe to their catalogue. I go there on Thursday 11th Sept, I will update on price etc after that date. Going by their website an exhaust from them will be a better price than Remus who have a monopoly on the market at present.

Phil
Philpat

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 03:04:42 PM »
Honestly, I think the factory exhaust sounds great and seems to be way lighter than the unit on my old RT.
Serial BMW rider