Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: USB and blue tooth help  (Read 1780 times)

Offline dano8855

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy se
  • City / Town: Southeastern Pa
USB and blue tooth help
« on: November 10, 2013, 03:40:27 PM »
2 issues I could use some help with.
1. Using my Samsung S4 phone with the USB connection. Followed the instructions in the manual and the bike does not see the phone? Phone is hooked up and is getting a charge via cable. Does the bike need to have this functionality turned on? Bike was recently given software update and the cruise control had to be reset.

2. Same issue with blue tooth pairing with the Samsung s4 phone.  Neither device can see each other. Does the blue tooth feature need to turned on or activated?

Appreciate the help.

Dan

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: USB and blue tooth help
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 05:48:52 PM »
I had trouble getting the Trophy to pair with my phone too.   Keep trying, it'll finally hook up.

I'm sure you already know, but one needs to be put in 'discoverable mode' usually, or be able to scan for other devices.  Usually once the second device discovers the first, a code must be input, normally '0000' or '1234'....   Details are in the device manuals and the Trophy Audio manual... and lots on-line of course..

If you plug the phone into the USB, I don't think anything will show unless the phone has a memory card in it.  My Samsung Proclaim needs you to acknowledge the connection, and choose if it is just for charging or for USB "Mass Storage Mode".   If you select USB, the phone functions are disabled.  This prompt is enabled it the "USB Settings" menu, "Ask on Plug" is the feature to enable.

Theoretically the bike should be able to play music on the SD card but I've not tried that with my Trophy... 

I don't use the radio much anyway, I'd rather hear the bike and the wind.  USA TT's only come with the radio.  Truth be known I'd rather have the extra under-seat storage.  But seeing as it's there I do putz with it once in a while, I'd normally use it on the slab in the rain.. (:>

No idea if BT has to be enabled on the TT by the shop, but of course you need to enable it on the phone...  BT on the bike has always worked on mine..

1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC

Offline dano8855

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy se
  • City / Town: Southeastern Pa
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 08:13:01 PM »
My apologies for not doing a thorough search about the USB port. I read the posts about the USB stick and formatting it to the FAT format about all is good.

I still can't get the blue tooth to work with my samsung galaxy s4.

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 12:00:02 AM »
I'll throw this out as I did the same...Make sure your S4 doesn't have "Only visible to paired devices" box checked...

On my S3 it never would transfer the call audio to the bike.  It is one revision behind the required OS to use the BT hardware that is available in the S3, but the existing Android OS can't use the hardware.  Verizon said there is an update in about a month or so due out to update Android.  Should correct the S3's problem.  Don't know if your S4 is suffering from the same issue.  My Iphone works fantastic.  So for now, I forward all the S3 calls to my Iphone when on the bike.
2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl