Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Rukka?  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Iain

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stornoway
Rukka?
« on: November 11, 2013, 06:32:38 PM »
I've been looking at Rukka clothing lately.It looks the biz but at a very salty price!Does anyone use it and is it really worth the money?
Honda VFR 2002
Sprint ST 2007
Sprint ST 2009
Sprint GT 2011
Trophy SE 2013

Offline 321Go

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
Re: Rukka?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »
It's not worth it. It's good kit, but not that good. To be fair, I'm still wearing mine several years after I bought it, but my original HG kit was as good. Oh, and the new fangled lock out closure is absolute rubbish and not fit for purpose. It jams easily, opens when it fees like it, and you have to lube it with silicon every other week. I returned my jacket and insisted on a zip instead. All from personal experience, not hearsay.

Offline Bluebird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: St Clears
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »
Hi Iain
I have had a pair of Rukka trousers for the last 5 years. Ridden in some very wet and cold conditions especially while touring Scotland.
I have found them great, kept me warm and dry. Yes it's pricey kit, but in my experience it works.

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 06:30:17 PM »
Hi Iain, I've had my rukka kit for over ten years now and I'd swear by it. The zip hangers go after a while but I put that down to the salty roads. Always dry and always warm in winter months.

:152:

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
  • Happy Happy Pillion Girl
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Black :O)
  • City / Town: Mercia Marina, Derby
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 08:58:24 PM »
Hi Iain

I was looking at this gear as well in J & S Rotherham, this week and I was impressed and will get some when my current jacket comes to the end of it's days. However when we went outside for a brew after looking round and retired couple turned up with, yes Rukka gear. He said that they went to Germany to get theirs, reason being the jacket was £450 cheaper alone! He said that the 5 year guarantee made it all worth it, as they really did honour it. He also added that whilst riding in Mongolia and India it really showed it's worth!
Trophy SE 2015 in Sexy Phantom Black!