Today's Ride through Iowa by iowabikerider
[Today at 02:53:06 AM]

'Darkside' a TTSE? by rpeters549
[Today at 02:31:36 AM]

CF moto 1250 tourer by trophied
[Today at 02:25:22 AM]

That was good....... by HACKLE
[Today at 01:28:11 AM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Help!!! I don't have a clue what connector I need to buy for my heated jacket !  (Read 2696 times)

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
  • Happy Happy Pillion Girl
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Black :O)
  • City / Town: Mercia Marina, Derby
Hello everyone

I've not been around for a while and need to do some serious board catching up !!  But in the meantime ... I need help (as always!)

I've decided to buy an Exo Stormchaser jacket with heated collar and sleeves after reading all the great advice I received - thanks guys. 

Sorry if this is a really dim question, but can anybody give me a link to what connector I need to buy to plug it into the socket next to the pillion seat.  I remember people telling me it was a Hella but I'm not sure if I need more info.  The jacket has wire that can go directly to the battery but then if you pull the little end off you get a little jack plug type thing which I'm thinking needs to plug into an adaptor to then fit into the pillion socket.  I'm not technically minded and really just want to be able to order something tonight (going away next weekend!) so a direct link would be fabulous .. pretty please  :001:

Carol
Trophy SE 2015 in Sexy Phantom Black!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Hi Carol,

yes, the external sockets are the European DIN standard often referred to as Hella type. The ones in the glovebox and top box are standard cigarette lighter/12v power types, although I have to say they may be a fraction larger than standard because when I have used them I have had to put a small bit of cardboard in to wedge my power plugs and stop them vibrating out.

Kevin
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Not sure if this may help.not something i use. But i have read in other posts either a bmw fitting or if you have a maplin store near by they sell those fittings. It does seem strange that triumph fit all this kit but then cannt tell you what you need to make it work.
Have you spoken to your dealer and shown them the jacket.
Seadog
seadog

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
The positive fitting connectors are Hella type. Powerlet sell them (also can get adaptors to fit into normal cigarette plus).  In the US I understand that John Deere farm machinery places sell them.  Main advantage is that they positively click in, so it makes sense to have them on the external power outlets.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:24:57 AM by saaz »

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Hi Carol,

How about this from the Exo web site !

Exo Storm Chaser Plug Cable

Looks like it is what you need to plug the jacket in to,
then the main plug goes into the Triumph socket ( without the red part -
that is used for the bigger "cigar lighter" type sockets ).

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
  • Happy Happy Pillion Girl
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Black :O)
  • City / Town: Mercia Marina, Derby
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Hi Carol,

How about this from the Exo web site !

Exo Storm Chaser Plug Cable

Looks like it is what you need to plug the jacket in to,
then the main plug goes into the Triumph socket ( without the red part -
that is used for the bigger "cigar lighter" type sockets ).

Aha .. I just came online to say thanks to everyone for replying when I was being rather dim late last night - I found the very same cable at the place I've ordered my jacket from so have ordered 2 of them.  Ian bought an Exo jacket but without the heated sleeves from TriumphWorld in their sale - very annoyingly it wouldn't fit me but it fitted him.  I blame the extra padding in my textile trousers for it being too tight on the hips lol.  I bought the jacket with heated front, back, sleeves and collar .. I'm going to be soooooo toasty.  Our Trophy is being fixed at the mo - Oil Pressure Warning Light came on and TriumphWorld wanted to fix it immediately so we have a Tiger 800 on loan for a few days, Ian loves it, but useless with a pillion, but very nippy !

Carol x

Trophy SE 2015 in Sexy Phantom Black!