Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Question Re Fuel tank recall  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: New York
Question Re Fuel tank recall
« on: November 14, 2013, 10:09:53 PM »
I am finally getting around to having the tank done now that the snow is falling.  My dealer ordered the parts and I warned him that some people were reporting that the heat shields were not coming with the kits and that was slowing the work while the dealers had to order the shields separately. 
Sure enough.  No heat shields with my ordered parts.  However, he tells me that the shields have been discontinued and he would plan on just reusing the ones on the old tank.  Before they tear into this bike and find out that they cant reuse them does anyone know if this can be done or....are the shields still available and I can direct him the right place to get them?  I assume that if other people who had this issue could have had the old shields put back on their mechanics would have done so rather than hold up the work while waiting for the shields to come in.
Thanks.

Offline patches

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: PNW
Re: Question Re Fuel tank recall
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 04:42:56 AM »
Tell your dealer to look in the box with the new fuel tank.  I waited 2 months for the heat shields to come in only for the dealer to eventually look in the fuel tank box and there they were.  Nobody from Triumph ever told us they were in there nor were they not listed on the packing slip.  The parts order just kept showing shipping dates for the shields always two weeks off till finally the order showed cancelled one day.  Apparently someone at Triumph was packing them with the tank, kind of makes sense, but then the word never got out that was happening.

Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 01:42:46 PM »
That is some excellent information my friend.  I thank you for the reply. 

Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 03:23:33 PM »
you'll like this.  My dealer took the time to check the box and he gave me a call.  There was one shield in there not two so he had to call in and order another.
Dealer has been great about accepting information learned from this site so I'm looking forward to getting this done over the winter.  If something is up with the valve train as well maybe by then the 'recall" will be extended to the US and I can get that done too.

tweedy-bunch