Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Bluetooth volume  (Read 1489 times)

Offline rchollebon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trothy SEE
  • City / Town: Twickenham
Bluetooth volume
« on: November 17, 2013, 06:44:43 pm »
Wonder if any one can help, I have fitted a Garmin 660, all wired and working, I have then joined my Midland via Bluetooth to the bike, however I cannot get full volume control, I can not turn it  up loud enough any ideas? Also there is no display of volume level on the dash

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: Bluetooth volume
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 07:37:33 pm »
In their infinite wisdom, if you have a Bluetooth device paired and choose BlueTooth as the 'output'... the on-board volume control is disabled... you have to control volume from the device paired.   

My Zumo has the same problem, it's output goes through the radio, radio is paired to a bluetooth receiver I use to power the helmet speakers I've had for years...  Can't hear it, no volume, apparently the amp in the radio is by-passed...   Frustrating. 

I really don't want to buy a helmet setup, pricey and I don't use the radio much.  I now have a small amplifier after the bluetooth receiver, but it's too small to allow volume control (it has one) with gloves, and is yet another device that needs to be charged up frequently, or connected to USB to be charged/powered.   I now have an in-line passive volume control, but it is also small.   Thinking about building my own, with at clip that attaches to my jacket, etc.

If The Big T either kept the volume control enabled OR had a 3.5 mm output jack, all this could be circumvented.  Maybe next year... (:>
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC

Offline rchollebon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 08:02:16 pm »
Thanks at least I am not going mad! I will have to read the Midland instructions again, however I am pretty sure that it says that you have to adjust the volume from the source, so looks like I am caught between a rock and a hard place!

Offline rchollebon

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 08:42:28 am »
Ok I have worked out the following, Midland seem to have decided the volume you are allowed, you can adjust it down from the volume controls on the handlebars then up again, but only to a certain point, this point is fine when there is not much other noise, in the end I have worked out that I can change the settings on the headset so the volume increases with back ground noise, best way was was to do this with it connected to a PC, took a bit of fiddling around to get the setting right but is now perfect, now I have to get the phone volumes right! Also anyone else using a Midland, make sure your firmware is up to date as this makes a big difference when joining to the TT

tweedy-bunch