Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sirius Radio Dropping Out  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
Sirius Radio Dropping Out
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:48:33 AM »
I have had the Sirius signal dropping out more often recently. I ride the same areas that I had in the past with my Rocket and Zumo550 w/XM. So , I was looking at my set up, which is a 660 w/Triumph GPS mount, and realized that the antenna sits behind the gps and depending on the alignment of signal, me, and gps, could it lead to a drop in reception?
I think that I am going to remove the antenna and place an adapter in between to raise the antenna above the gps, and see if that helps.
It might seem strange, but after riding w/sat radio for the last 4/5 years, there is a difference in signal strength between summer and winter. Either that or it is just me.
Just an observation, anyone else notice the same thing?

Scott

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Sirius Radio Dropping Out
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 04:27:37 AM »
Is it the Sirius hat is dropping or the connection between the bike and your helmet speakers.  Been a lot of people with connection problems
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
Re: Sirius Radio Dropping Out
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 01:04:41 AM »
When it does drop out, I can change the source and have music. The best I can tell it is the Sirius signal.

Scott

tweedy-bunch