Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hello New Member  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Sarge67

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Bonneville
  • City / Town: Houston
Hello New Member
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:26:49 AM »
Hello all from Houston, Texas

I've joined this forum to learn more about the Trophy. I am in the market for a sport tourer so I'm interested in everyones experience with the Trophy. I currently have a large cruiser and a Triumph Bonneville.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Hello New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 11:58:20 AM »
Hi Sarg and welcome.

I joined last week. I have a feeling that the forum and site will grow as more bikes are sold and more members join.

Robin
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:07:31 PM »
Hi and welcome,

After test riding the Trophy back in November I picked mine up on Jan 7th. Have a test ride and it will sell itself.

Although it is classed as a full tourer it can certainly act like a sports tourer if you want it too.

Only done a few miles due to the white stuff covering the UK but a mixture of two-up and on all classes of roads it really does put a smile on your face.

Offline fiftyohm

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Houston/Westport, ON
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sarge67 [+]

I've joined this forum to learn more about the Trophy. I am in the market for a sport tourer so I'm interested in everyones experience with the Trophy. I currently have a large cruiser and a Triumph Bonneville.

Howdy Sarge.

I also have a Bonneville (2011 T-100), and took delivery of Houston's first Trophy in January.

The change from the Bonnie is mostly what I expected.  The surprising thing is how nimble the new bike feels.  And yes - it's much faster than the Bonnie.  Great wind protection, very comfortable, and all that.  We bought it for two-up touring from the Canada house, and anticipate a great summer on it.

The bike is in the the first service with only fairly minor glitches, save a blown fork seal.  Part's on order, and I expect it'll be squared away next week.

I can heartily recommend British USA in South Houston as a dealer.  They're really great folks.  I think they have a demo on the floor.  Give it a ride and tell me what you think.  (The sales guys are Jim and Eric.  Sales Manager is Tammy)  Tell them 'Hi' from David)

Tell you the truth, and aside for a couple of pretty minor issues, I'm completely blown away by this bike!

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 09:21:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sarge67 [+]

Sarge

The bike is stunning no other word for it :821: :821:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Glenk69

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 05:40:36 AM »
Welcome Sarge.  Don't bother with other marques the Trophy is all you need. The only thing s the Trophy is missing is central locking for the cases.  Oh and Air Conditioning for these long hot Summers in Australia.  :400:

tweedy-bunch