Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Audio Questions  (Read 4746 times)

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Springboro, OH
Audio Questions
« on: November 18, 2013, 05:38:04 PM »
Have been reading many of the posts in this section hoping to find answers to my questions. I do not own the bike yet and have not been able to get my hands on a copy of the Audio System Users Guide (hard copy or PDF). One member posted where I could get the PDF, but I refuse to join anything where they charge you for access even if it's a test. So here goes....

Here's my list of devices:

iPhone5, Garmin Zumo 550, Midland 75-822 CB, Midland GTX1000, Sena SR10 and iPod Nano (7th generation). Helmet is a Schuberth C3 with the SRCS System (Cardo Scala G4).

Now for the questions:

When connecting the iPhone5 to the USB port in the storage box, does one get basic functionality like stereo music, inbound and outbound calling? Or is it just a way to get stereo music?

When connecting a GPS, is the only thing that is connected is the stereo output? No microphone connectivity?

How do I connect the SR10 to the system so I can use the CB or GRMS/FRS?

I'll likely have more questions later, but this will do for now. Thanks in advance.
Every day is a Saturday when you're retired!

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
Re: Audio Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 11:45:24 PM »
I posted a link to the manual in PDF and you don't need to join anything to down load it.  You do need to be wary of the click monster...it's a free hosting site, as such, has lots of misleading things to get you to click on them.  Look through that mess and the manual is free, no join download.
2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:49:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by csquared [+]
Have been reading many of the posts in this section hoping to find answers to my questions. I do not own the bike yet and have not been able to get my hands on a copy of the Audio System Users Guide (hard copy or PDF). One member posted where I could get the PDF, but I refuse to join anything where they charge you for access even if it's a test. So here goes....

Here's my list of devices:

iPhone5, Garmin Zumo 550, Midland 75-822 CB, Midland GTX1000, Sena SR10 and iPod Nano (7th generation). Helmet is a Schuberth C3 with the SRCS System (Cardo Scala G4).

Now for the questions:

When connecting the iPhone5 to the USB port in the storage box, does one get basic functionality like stereo music, inbound and outbound calling? Or is it just a way to get stereo music? It is my understanding the USB only gives you access to music.  The BT connection gives you caller ID in the bike display as well as answer / ignore functionality.

When connecting a GPS, is the only thing that is connected is the stereo output? No microphone connectivity?  There is only audio out of the GPS connected to the bike via an 1/8" stereo plug.

How do I connect the SR10 to the system so I can use the CB or GRMS/FRS?  Not sure on the CB.  The way I use the bike is to pair my UClear headset to the bike and my phone to the bike.  Calls are shown on the bikes dash and I can answer or ignore using the bike controls.  If I answer, the audio is routed to the headset from the bike, not the phone.  The headset is only paired to the bike and the phone is only paired to the bike.

I'll likely have more questions later, but this will do for now. Thanks in advance.
2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:15:22 AM »
I'm pretty much inline with TwoBrothers...  I have a Cardo Scala Q2 MultiSet Pro, and can receive calls via the bike.  My old iPod is pretty much a permanent fixture via USB for my music, and the iPhone usually stays in my pocket, but connected via Bluetooth to the bike.  My Garmin 660 hooked up very nicely with Triumph's accessory mounting kit, although it isn't until you read the instructions that you realize you also need the power wiring sub-harness A9938122 to make things easier.  I found a connector kit in my garage that I could splice in instead, as I didn't want to wait a few days with the bike torn apart for the factory wiring.  No microphone input/output on the bike.  I have no idea as to the CB either, as I usually don't ride in groups.

So, in a nutshell, using Bluetooth: Phone is paired to Bike, Bike is paired to Cardo, Cardo is also paired to wife's Cardo.
And hardwired: iPod is connected to Bike, Garmin is connected to Bike. 

Good luck & have fun!

:033:
STONEY

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 03:37:34 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

TwoBrothersBusa:

Still have not been able to download the manual. All I get when I launch the URL in your note is the entry screen where I can upload, login or register. Since its been 30 days since you uploaded (I've been reading details about the site!) could the file have been removed? Sure would like to have a PDF copy of the manual.

Thanks much.

Stoney:

Things are getting a bit clearer. A question - how many bluetooth devices can you connected to the audio system? From a spec flyer it seems as if there are 4; two headsets and two other. All four seem to support the HFP and A2DP profiles. Or are there just 2 permissible bluetooth connections.

Thanks.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 06:26:29 AM »
There are just the 2 connections…. one to a device such as GPS or phone… the other to your headset

Best setups seem to be connect GPS to the audio in socket… plug phone into USB. Pair phone to Device 1 and pair bike to your headset on the headset channel
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline csquared

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 04:38:18 PM »
Thanks to all who have responded.

I believe that I have it figured out. I had the opportunity to play with the audio system at the dealer location. With the info that you and and the manual provided, I was able to get the SRCS and iPhone5 to work with the exception of answering the cell phone. The audio system would not allow me to select "Answer" or "Ignore" using the scroll button. That may have been due to either not having the iPhone5 configured for "Auto Answer" or the audio system not having the most current firmware release. I'll get a chance to check that out after the holidays.

With respect to the CB or GRMS/FRS connected via a Sena SR10: The SRCS only supports one HFP bluetooth connection and that connection is used by the audio system (Headset 1).  The Sena SR10 requires an independent HFP. A firmware update from Schuberth would be required to support two (2) HFPs and that is probably not likely. Currently, other headsets that do support this include Cardo Q1/Q3 units and Sena SMH10 series headsets.

Looks like I might have to spend a bit more to get everything connected. Has anyone installed any of the above referenced headsets to a Schuberth C3? If you have, I would love to see some pictures of how the wires are routed around/under/thru the collar particularly for the Sena SMH10R.

Still have not ridden the bike yet. Soon....

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 04:47:17 PM »
Hi csquared, you will find that the iPhone does not have an auto answer setting, one of the few shortfalls of the iPhone as far as I am concerned. To get the caller ID and the answer/reject option when you receive an incoming call you must pair the iPhone 5 to the bike as Device 1. You need to do this even if you have the phone connected to the bike via the USB port.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧