Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Center stand  (Read 38610 times)

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Marlton
Center stand
« on: November 19, 2013, 07:16:21 pm »
Don't know what is the deal...

Does anyone else have trouble getting the Trophy, with panniers and trunk with a full tank of gas onto the center stand?   Occasionally I can get it onto the stand without problems.   I'm wondering if a full gas tank is making me struggle.....

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
Re: Center stand
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 07:38:03 pm »
I had the same problem.  Now I just grab the handlebar. Grab the rear passenger handle the put my right foot on thw centerstand foot peg the pull rearward and stant up on the centerstand. Make sure you have the centerstand touching the ground and on both of its feet.  Easy peasy.  It takes some practice but I bat 1000 with that method.
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 07:44:51 pm »
I wouldn't call it easy peasy.  I find that even after 6 months and 10000 miles of ownership that I still need to remove the left side pannier.  Then it comes up OK. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Marlton
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:48:40 pm »
Another thought...does TES mode affect the ability to get the motorcycle up onto the center stand?    I had gotten it up onto the stand the other day without difficulty   Today was a nightmare.  Only theories I can come up with is a) I was exposed to Krypton B) I did alter TES mode last night c) full tank of gas.

Anyone for Krypton?

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:51:19 pm »
Must confss I've no problem at all to put it on the centre stand, as Kurtmartin says it's important to make sure the stand lies on its two pegs! To me TES mode does not change anything; nor the volume of petrol in the tank
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:00:54 pm by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Scubadvr

• Trophy Pro
  • The journey IS the destination!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: GSF1250SA Bandit
  • City / Town: St. Louis
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 08:44:51 pm »
FWIW, every bike I've owned has been much easier to get on the centerstand using the following procedure:

1)  Lower the sidestand and dismount the bike on the left side.
2)  With the bike on its sidestand, grasp the left handlebar with your left hand, and with your right hand, grasp any convenient handhold behind the seat.
3)  With your RIGHT foot, lower the centerstand until the left-side tang is touching the ground.
4)  Tip the bike away from you until both tangs of the centerstand are touching the ground.
5)  Stand up on the centerstand with your right foot (your entire weight), and at the same time, pull upwards with both hands
6)  Note: Standing on the centerstand gives the most leverage; pulling up (or possibly rearward, but usually straight up) will add to it, but I've found that the standing motion (all of your weight on your right foot) is what makes putting the bike on the centerstand a snap.

Cheers

Offline TwoBrothersBusa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TrophySE
  • City / Town: McDonald
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 09:46:49 pm »
I struggle with the girl....at 146 lbs soaking wet I think I have a mass problem...
2008 Hayabusa - Gone but not forgotten
2007 GSXR 1000 - track bike
2013 Mustang GT - Street Ride
1990 CBR1000F - the old girl

Offline Mick

• Trophy Member
  • mderrig
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 09:53:10 pm »
Scubadvr has it right. It's standing on the center stand with all your weight that makes the difference. Before I learned that I nearly gave myself a hernia trying to lift it on. Fortunately I have plenty of weight to use.

tweedy-bunch