Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Autocom/Starcom bluetooth  (Read 3229 times)

Offline madmechanic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: blackpool
Autocom/Starcom bluetooth
« on: November 20, 2013, 06:17:32 PM »
 Just heard today that Autocom / Starcom are bringing out a new Bluetooth module/adapter which should be compatible with the trophy, It is not anywhere on there web site yet but is due for release soon and should bond with the bike and allow you to still adjust the volume on the bike switch, I believe the price to be £95 approx. but if what I am told is right you still have to use the BTM02 Bluetooth unit as well , This then makes me wonder if it will bind with the bike but we will have to wait and see.
   Hope to go to the nec bike show next week so hopefully will talk to Autocom and get the full facts there :125: :125:

Offline pinkypincott

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1200 Trophy
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
Re: Autocom/Starcom bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »
Hi Madmechanic

I have fitted the autocom and will also have a word at the bike show on Saturday as well

Pinky

Offline Sneezy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Carlisle
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »
Hi guys
Im fitting my autocom this weekend. Where are you drawing the power from?
 :148:
As the late, great Freddie Mercury sang.
"Get on your bike and ride"

Offline madmechanic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 06:10:43 PM »
I have fitted mine straight to the battery as it is the Digital version that comes live when you plug the riders helmet in , However I was told by my dealer that this was not correct it should be wired ignition live and would invalidate the warranty, I wanted it permanent live because twice when on tour with my wife as pillion we hit traffic jams and in 36 deg the first thing I did was turn off the engine so wired to ignition lost the intercom. ( someone else at a dealer told me that autocom is not an approved part by triumph so no matter how you wire it in it still invalidates your warranty What do others think to this true or false)
 How has anybody else wired theirs  :157: :190:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »
Mine was fitted for me as part of the PDI by the dealership. Is correctly wired to come on with the ignition and I can use it if I kill the engine for instance if in traffic.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline madmechanic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »
Do you know where they wired it to :062:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 10:02:21 PM »
Unfortunately not.. If I get a chance this weekend I will try and take a look.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Tonto

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 12:42:56 AM »
I asked the Triumph dealer if they would connect the Starcom Digital power cable for me as a pre-delivery request (so it would be connected when I collected the bike for the first time).  The dealer obliged and asked if I was OK with me if the power cable was connected directly to the battery.  I said, that as the cable has an in-line fuse built in and the unit only turns on when the rider's helmet cable is connected, that I was OK with a direct connection to the battery.

Likewise, the dealer fitted the non-genuine R&G adventure bars for me. 

At no time was I advised that fitting non-genuine parts to the bike would be in breach of warranty.

I think it is fair to say that before a breach of warranty has occurred, that there would be some requirement for the dealer to link the cause of the fault/problem with the result of fitting the non-genuine part having been fitted, eg. customer fits non-genuine cam, subsequentlly, the  enging ceases - clearly, a warratny claim is going to rejected.

HD tried it many years ago, when the USA court held that if HD is not going to honour a warraty claim becasue a customer did not use 'genuine' HD engine oil, then HD would have to supply HD engine oil to customers free of charge - as if!

Let me use this example which I think demonstrates the point, if one fits a sticker on their bike which states, "I've been to hell and back" and subsequently the engine fails, I would hardly think that Triumph would get out of a warranty claim on the basis that as the sticker is a non-genuine item, a  non-genine modification has been made.  On the other hand, if the paint where/near the sticker has been placed starts to peal away, then Triumph would have a good case to tell one to take a hike if a warratny claim is made for poor paint workmanship.

Always ride in control.