Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TOMCC Events  (Read 2630 times)

Offline TicketyBoo

• Trophy Pro
  • Happy Happy Pillion Girl
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Black :O)
  • City / Town: Mercia Marina, Derby
TOMCC Events
« on: November 20, 2013, 09:42:58 PM »
Dear All,

I have a rather pleasant announcement to make! I have been asked and accepted a role within the Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club to act as the National Events Coordinator for the club.

In basic terms I will be leading the organising of the national events for the club, to include Patterdale 2014 and Triumph Live. However Mick Barratt has done such a fine job of already organising Patterdale 2014, most of the work has been done for me. Cheers Mick.

So what I would like to do is to speak to as many members and potential members as I can to see what they would like from the TOMCC in the way of events. In the coming weeks I will be writing to all the branches and doing a lot more posting on all the clubs mediums, but please contact me if you have any thoughts or suggestions.

Ian (Mr TicketyBoo)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:50:10 AM by TicketyBoo »
Trophy SE 2015 in Sexy Phantom Black!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: TOMCC Events
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:30:50 AM »
Congratulations TicketyBoo.  Makes me wish I rode in the UK!
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 09:29:58 AM »
Hi Ian ( & Carol ),

Congratulations on the new "job"  :047:

I bet you've already got most of this covered, but from my perspective it would / will be really useful
just to be able to find out about rides and events that might otherwise go unnoticed !

There was a very good example recently with the M25 motorway "World's Largest Poppy" ride,
held on Remembrance Sunday, which I may have wanted to participate in, but was totally unaware of
until someone posted a question in one of the forums - asking if anyone had been !

That's the sort of event where, with some proper "co-ordination" we could have had a section
of Triumph Trophy's riding together, perhaps in amongst other Triumph models too  :169:

I know that you both monitor these forums closely, so if all our Forum members make an effort to post details
of any rides or events they become aware of and consider appropriate in the Events, Meetings and Ride Outs Section
you would be able to pick up on these to circulate via TOMCC to the wider Triumph membership,
and similarly I guess you'll be letting us know of any that we Trophy owners might be interested in  :152:

As for the sort of events I'd personally like to participate in ? .... to start the ball rolling :

Anything that gets me to ride my Trophy more :169:
Anything involving other Trophy's / Triumphs, and
Anything in support of good causes such as the British Legion ......
Anything involving beer  :821:

Regards,

Offline Tonto

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 12:12:58 PM »
Ian

Congrats.  I've sent you a separate message about the possibility of establishing a TOMCC branch in Sydney as we don't have a Triumph Owners Club here.  RAT rides organised by dealers are far and few between, lucky if one is organised every 3 or 4 months.

Would love to get some feedback on the possibility.

Cheers. 
Always ride in control.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »
That would be a good organised ride to Sydney  :152:

Congrats Ian (& carol) as said above it would be great to have (or if it exists know about) a single place to go to see what is going on but also give feedback.

John

Offline Mr_TicketyBoo

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chesterfield
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 10:34:41 PM »
Hi All

As you can see I have now opened another user here Mr_Ticketyboo That way Carol can natter as before , there is no stopping her! And I can chat more about things from a rider's point of view.

Thanks Tonto, I have emailed you directly but as I said in the email I am 100% behind the idea.  Although I am doing events I feel part of this is to give everyone events that they want to go too, no matter where they are or what they ride. The better the events, the more people will join TOMCC and the better for all concerned. I for one want to go to Australia to ride, it look fantastic!

On that subject if anyone else wants to start a branch please email me and I will do my best to help.

Coconut - Again I am 100% with you. The TOMCC have not had a victim to do the events role for a long time, so yes it has not been as organised as it could have been but the guys on the committee have done a great job considering they too are volunteers and they already have roles. This was emphasised by the roaring success of Patterdale 2013.

So in 2014 I going to start with the TOMCC national events but also help promo other events that we think will appeal to Triumph owners generally. So at the moment I am debating how to get all this information across, drop me a line with any thoughts please.

:440:

Finally as a Trophy owner I not only want to do these events but ride outs with other Trophy owners so please give me your thoughts!

Thanks for all your messages!

My best

Ian

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »
 :821: congratulations Mr T on your appointment and I wish you all the very best in what will be a challenging & rewarding job.

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 05:28:43 PM »
Good on yer and thanks Mr TB, I will watch with interest

Roger

tweedy-bunch