Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: iPhone connection  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Iain

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stornoway
iPhone connection
« on: November 23, 2013, 02:51:54 am »
It's probably been covered in previous threads but I thought it easier to start a new one for my question..
Can I connect my iPhone with the USB cable to the audio system and then Bluetooth the audio to my headset and have full phone function or must I bluetooth the phone to the system?
Honda VFR 2002
Sprint ST 2007
Sprint ST 2009
Sprint GT 2011
Trophy SE 2013

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: iPhone connection
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 08:22:14 am »
Connecting your iPhone to USB will give you full music functionality and iphid control through the bike audio system.

THEN pair the iPhone via Bluetooth to the bike as device 1 to give incoming caller display plus accept or reject via audio controls on left pod
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Harlock

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Torino
Re: iPhone connection
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 02:32:52 pm »
I did something a little bit different. I paired my Nolan helmet like device 1; I paired my iphone 5 like device 2. I fixed the iphone on the handlebar of the bike inside a full water resistant cover made for biker by Cellular line. This cover has a key that allow you to press iphone central botton, so you can activate Siri even with gloves. Activating Siri in this way you can call or even dictate SMS (with a 90% accuracy level... but good enough for quick communications). Incoming calls are manageable though the bike buttons and you can read the caller in the bike display; same thing for the outgoings call, with the difference that you have to start the call with SIRI (or removing the glove and using the phone display on the cover). Furthermore you can listen to music trough AD2P protocol form the audio system, just selecting iphone like Bluetooth device. Connecting iphone with USB, I was not able to phone, just to listen to music, even if I connected the iphone via bluetooh at the same time.