Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: OEM Triumph front fender extension plastic rivets  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Fireman73163

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Miles, IA
OEM Triumph front fender extension plastic rivets
« on: November 23, 2013, 06:54:58 PM »
I was installing my new front fender extension today and had 2 of the chincey plastic rivets snap off before they were even close to being snug ! :233: I suppose a trip to an auto parts or home improvement store will find some replacements. Does anyone know of a better substitute ? :187:

Update :  Well nobody carries plastic rivets that are even close, I did find some nice black nylon bolts and nuts used for fastening license plates, just had to open the holes for the rivets in the fender a little, the ones in the extension already fit perfectly. I then cut the extra off the bolt with my dremel and fitted it up. The clearances look to be good with no tire rub.

Also fitted up today my radiator and downpipe guards from R+G Racing, pretty straight foreward...did have to replace the plastic rivets that hold the two side cowls togeather...these are available at auto parts stores...fairly standard item.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:04:53 AM by Fireman73163 »

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
Re: OEM Triumph front fender extension plastic rivets
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 03:24:36 AM »
I also looked for these rivets as I could see some applications for them.   Found 'em, but not in small lots..  I don't want to by 1000 of each piece...  Very odd they are not available to the average guy....
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 02:14:23 PM »
They aren't used anywhere else on the Trophy?

Every time I get a new bike I go though the fasteners that hold on the body work and order 10 of each.  Maintaining the bike usually requires removal and reinstallation of the body work and they tend to wear out fairly quickly or get dropped and skitter across the floor into some dark recess.

Auto parts stores usually stock a large variety of plastic rivets too.  You might have to try several different chains to find the ones you need.

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 03:14:51 PM »
you can order the rivets separately from BikeBandit.com, they are with the front fender extender.
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC