Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Iphone 4 / ipod disconnecting intermittently  (Read 3203 times)

Offline robert

• Trophy Member
  • vroom vroom
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Iphone 4 / ipod disconnecting intermittently
« on: November 24, 2013, 07:59:03 pm »
Hi

Has anyone else experienced an issue whereby the audio disconnects whilst accelerating with a degree of attitude?

I'm trying to establish whether it's a faulty phone, a general issue with vibration and the usb connection or something else.  It seems to disconnect at around 5-6k rpm and then reconnects once I change gear or slow down and accel;arate again.

I plan on asking the dealer if I can try my phone on a demo bike just to see if the same thing happens.

They've checked it out and said they couldn't find any fault, I could try other cables, other phones I guess  but I'm keen to learn if anyone else has experienced similar before I progress it.

Spoils an otherwise great ride!

Thanks!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Iphone 4 / ipod disconnecting intermittently
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 08:31:30 pm »
Hi Robert,

Have a read of this thread : Audio System, USB Port and Memory Stick where there was a similar issue reported,
and traced to being a loose connection on the back of the Glove Box USB port  :028:

Offline robert

• Trophy Member
  • vroom vroom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 08:43:26 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Hi Robert,

Have a read of this thread : Audio System, USB Port and Memory Stick where there was a similar issue reported,
and traced to being a loose connection on the back of the Glove Box USB port  :028:

Nice one, thanks, I'll mention it to them...could be the issue - read elswhere that non standard apple cables might be an issue too!

Fingers crossed!

Offline robert

• Trophy Member
  • vroom vroom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 05:37:00 am »
Just thought I'd update everyone - it was a cable issue.

Replaced cheap tesco cable with better quality cable and problem solved.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 10:13:23 am »
Thanks for the update Robert - nice to hear and is useful for others with similar problems  :028:

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 12:42:11 pm »
Now that is interesting I am now getting disconnects on acceleration and if it a slight bit more than a short pause it says device disconnected.  I thought it was the Ipod moving around but I have changed the lead so perhaps that is it.  Does anyone know of a short hight quality lead as it does not need to be long.

Thanks

John

Offline robert

• Trophy Member
  • vroom vroom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 07:56:32 pm »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
Now that is interesting I am now getting disconnects on acceleration and if it a slight bit more than a short pause it says device disconnected.  I thought it was the Ipod moving around but I have changed the lead so perhaps that is it.  Does anyone know of a short hight quality lead as it does not need to be long.

Thanks

John

I bought a 1.8 m cable from currys "iwantit" is the cable brand and left it curled (rather than unfurl it) in the compartment - there's a 1.2 meter version for the iphone 5 both are £12.99

There's also this, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Short-Connector-Charge-iPhone-Classic/dp/B005LB0R60  which I might try out (£5.49) but it's untested

*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Thanks for the update Robert - nice to hear and is useful for others with similar problems  :028:

My pleasure :)

tweedy-bunch