Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Up and Down week.  (Read 1616 times)

Offline davybull

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE L
  • City / Town: Wigan
Up and Down week.
« on: November 24, 2013, 11:14:47 PM »
Picking the bike up on Wednesday was a real high for me as I'd had my Fazer 600 for 10 years.

After having looked the SE Launch over with a fine tooth comb I've found a couple of marks, one tiny mark at the back of the right hand pannier and a small scuff on the back wheel. I'll touch up the pannier but no-one would see the scuff on the wheel. It's got just over 4000 miles on it and cost me £11500 so I think I've done OK.  :001:

Wife asked me to take some old shoes to the shoe bank in town on Saturday so donned my gear and took the shoes. 2 hrs later I got back to a ticking off but I just couldn't help myself going for a ride!!!  :169:

We were going out so I left the bike outside and stuck my disk lock on. When we got back I was going to nip out again so took the bike off the stand and started to roll it back and, you've guessed it, CRACK!!!! Knew straight away what I'd done and in the last ten years I haven't ever left the lock on.
Result is a cracked front mudguard by the screws on the right hand side. Kicking myself!!!

So I've looked online and the part is about £46.00 so I'll get one ordered with a touch up stick for the pannier. Also been on ebay and ordered one of those curly wire things so hopefully won't happen again.

Dave
Trust me......
I ride a Triumph.

Offline woody

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sunny Swindon
Re: Up and Down week.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:14:23 AM »
I did the same thing,never done it before on the first day from new popped it up on the centre stand from the side stand and crunch chipped the right hand corner off. however to repair it with almost no visable damage get a soldering iron and an old piece of ABS plastic remove the mudguard and gently melt the plastic sides together from the inside back filling with the abs, be careful not to melt through the plastic but stopping short of the 4mm thick moulding building up some support on the inside .To find some of the correct material on Modern plastic products they are marked up for recycling on a non showing areas with the type of plastic they are made of such as "hdpe" or "pp" and various other letter combinations these are no good it must have ABS that is a specific type of plastic.i got pretty good result and it will certainly last a long time very strong . Good luck I know how silly I felt and you wont be the last one.
welcome to the club!
Nothing to fear but fear itself!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:29:44 AM »
Tough luck on breaking the mudguard.  But as Woody says its repairable and not the end of the world. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 06:52:03 PM »
I'm thinking of powder coating the wheels black. The nondescript gray wheels just don't do the bike justice.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:00:20 PM »
I know what you mean about the front fender. Hotel I was staying at in Turin decided to move the bike when I wasn't there without realising I had a disc lock on!

At least I got them to pay for the replacement!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch