Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dealertool - ability to set 16,000kms service intervals  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Dealertool - ability to set 16,000kms service intervals
« on: November 27, 2013, 06:32:22 am »
As I finally have the dealertool up and running (thanks to support, who have been really great - Windows 8 just tries to help too much sometime) I noticed that the maximum service interval that can be set was 10,000kms (miles was 6,000).  I was going to stick with 16,000kms for riding I am going to do, and using an oil I know is good for over 14,000kms in my ST1100 (Honda service interval 12,500).

I asked dealertool and they sent through a version that can do up the the Triumph factory recommended intervals, or any lesser interval that you might want.  It will probably be in the next version, but you can get it now.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Dealertool - ability to set 16,000kms service intervals
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 09:48:07 am »
Hi saaz,

Is that a Software ( Firmware ) update that can be applied to exisiting Dealertools ?

Thanks,

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dealertool - ability to set 16,000kms service intervals
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 09:58:39 am »
The interface remains unchanged. The cable is just a special interface to allow the software program to do its thing (sort of like a special USB cable)  It is an update of the installed program which does all the work.  You uninstall the current version then install the new one (it replaces a c version with a d). The drivers and code you need remained there.  I think it writes to the instruments, so does not affect the ecu.

*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Hi saaz,

Is that a Software ( Firmware ) update that can be applied to exisiting Dealertools ?

Thanks,

tweedy-bunch