Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: potential owner  (Read 2330 times)

Offline ubertourer

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
potential owner
« on: December 02, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »
hi, whats the difference between the SE and the basic version, as im interested in buying a brand spanker not registered yet basic, which i am led to believe they dont do anymore. am i right in saying its missing the music system, electronic suspension, and electric screen, but does have trac control, cruise control, ABS, 12v socket.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: potential owner
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 11:05:38 PM »
I think that about sums it up!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 03:02:30 AM »
Welcome to the Forum :400: you are :028: on
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:18:22 AM »
The basic does have an electric screen.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
The standard doesn't have Tyre Pressure Monitoring, Top Box, Heated Seats or Heated Grips either,
although even on a new SE these are optional extras.

( The original SE "Launch" model did have all of the toys that are now optional extras ).

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 05:16:54 PM »
Having had both variations I much prefer the Standard. But be aware that the re sale value is more favourable towards the SE  :087:
The SE to my mind had a lot of things electronically that I found less than useless causing too many malfunctions thats the reason that when it was replaced I asked for the Standard. Having the advantage of being able to set up manually to my preference has made this a much more pleasurable experience and I'll never part with it for an SE. If as what has been read is true and they are discontinuing with the Standard then this will be my last  :005: Not that I'm even looking for a replacement nothing else out there that even slightly compares  :005: :005:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline ubertourer

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 09:49:40 PM »
i had a demo on the SE, but only cos it was at a dealer nearby, to see if the wife could get on with it, as her knees are not great now and the zzr1400 is getting more uncomfortable for her. should be going to see a standard this weekend at another dealer, who thinks he can supply the topbox in the asking price which I think should have been a standard item if its meant to be a tourer in the first place. he claimed that triumph had not included the standard in the range this year but are still producing it, which is either bollox, or its being exported to another market.
 oh, and thanks for the welcome guys and gals.

Offline mototux

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 12:37:05 PM »
 :400: ubertourer.

You've come to the right place to ask your questions about the TT. And, obviously, you've already had a lot of answers. The choice is yours  :001:
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.