Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Riding/touring club in outer Melbourne/country Victoria....  (Read 2887 times)

Offline FROSTY

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Broadford
Riding/touring club in outer Melbourne/country Victoria....
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:42:43 AM »
Looking for a riding/touring club to join in outer Melbourne/country Victoria.
Is there any suggestions?

Offline Tonto

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
Re: Riding/touring club in outer Melbourne/country Victoria....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:40:38 AM »
I have the same prob in Sydney, there is no Triumph specific clubs here, and the RAT model sucks.  Some of my Harley riding friends suggested joining the Ulysses Club, apparently they have chapters all over the place, you have to be at least 40 yo to join. www.ulyssesclub.org

I'm considering joining a local chapter.
Always ride in control.

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »
I finally joined Ulysses, mainly for discounts and some extra events to go too.  The riding experience may vary, but some of the rides are really controlled with a leader, tail end charlie and rules about not passing etc etc. Each branch seems to do things differently, and depends on the group at the time.

There might be some web based social ride groups around.

While Honda ST targeted, if you search on Ozstoc Australia there are rides and people interested in rides in Victoria, just probably not as much activity as in Queensland and NSW as yet.

Offline Tonto

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 12:49:52 AM »
Saaz

Do you have to ride an ST to go on Ozstoc rides/become a member?  I see your're organising a ride on 12 Jan, Milperra is a long way from Canberra, especially starting off there with breakfast - obviously a very keen group of riders. 

Thks
Always ride in control.

Offline FROSTY

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Broadford
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 05:12:10 AM »
I must agree the RAT model sucks arse in Victoria also and needs to improve to promote the brand much better. Looking else where for a riding group.

Offline Tonto

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 05:47:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by FROSTY [+]
I must agree the RAT model sucks arse in Victoria also and needs to improve to promote the brand much better. Looking else where for a riding group.

Frosty

I find it astonishing that even Triumph knows (they told me so) that the RAT model leaves a lot to be desired, particularly as a means of getting us out there riding our bikes, and even though the solution is starring them right in the face, they just won't eat humble pie and copy (with some minor improvements) what HOG has done for Harley.  Harley was crashing and burning, particularly around the AMG era, then the HOG phenomena erupted and effectively saved the company.

That said, I even put to Triumph Aust an offer to start up a Triumph Club in Sydney, as long as I had some financial assistance from them (just to cover/put in place some public liability insurance until there are enough members to pay its own way), but I'm am not holding my breath for them to respond.  However, if approval can be obtained to establish a chapter/branch of the UK TTOMC club here [still waiting for Ian F to respond] maybe, just maybe, Triumph may come to the party.  The benefit of being linked to the TTOMC, is that the orgn structure is already in place, it is proven to be a sound working model, club patches, T shirts etc are already designed and just an order away - although it may be cost effective to produce them here.

Perhaps joining Ulysses or the ST club is just a whole lot easie
Always ride in control.

Offline Mad Dog

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by FROSTY [+]
Looking for a riding/touring club to join in outer Melbourne/country Victoria.
Is there any suggestions?
I am a member of the Ulysses and the ride structure will change with the group you join.  As a member of the sale and District branch we are a small group and therefore relatively relaxed with no ride rules as such.  The group riding on the day get the destination and catch up points and YOU are responsible for how you ride.  That being said we normally stay in a group and just enjoy the ride.

Alternatives , depending on your background are the Red Knights ( fire and rescue), Blue Knights (Police and Emergency Services.) or the Patriots (ex and serving military)  If you search the internet you may find a branch near you.
No such thing as bad weather - just inappropriate clothing.

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 06:52:39 AM »
While primarily a Honda ST group, there is no problems with others riders coming along.  All you have to do is fit in and have a good time.  No problems with what you ride.  We had a Victory touring bike (not the Vision, the bagger one) come the last breakfast meet (very nice in Green it was too)

I have been to 2 Milperra breakfasts, and it is an easy ride there from Canberra, and depending on the weather a ride back down the coast.  I think you might gather why I have a ST1100 and now bought the Trophy  :152:

And I just noticed I will have to change my profile details..a bit out of date!

*Originally Posted by Tonto [+]
Saaz

Do you have to ride an ST to go on Ozstoc rides/become a member?  I see your're organising a ride on 12 Jan, Milperra is a long way from Canberra, especially starting off there with breakfast - obviously a very keen group of riders. 

Thks
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 06:56:32 AM by saaz »